Things that annoy you about Christmas

Urchin

Reaction score
I hate

The way Tesco is ridiculously busy as if it's going to close for a month instead of 2 days.

How rude people can be barging past you in the shops.

Losing the end of the selotape, although I do like wrapping presents apart from that and the mess it makes.

Shops that don't have a price on everything...so annoying!!

Miserable scroogy people who don't want a gift or a card cos " I don't like Christmas"

Wrapping presents - I used to be good but now rubbish so I add loads of bows and ribbons to distract from it lol.

That Helman's mayonnaise ad that's been trotted every xmas for the past 15 years :rotfl:

not being able to have a drink!
wrapping presents
that's it i think :think:

Christmas cards that do not stay up and fall over when the tiniest little puff of air catches them.

Wrapping presents - especially Turkish Delight why do they put it in a Hexagon shaped box that is impossible to wrap neatly.

Bits of Tinsel and Glitter covering everything.

Never knowing what to buy people and buying them the same old cr@p every year.

im with you on the tescos thing, we went there yesterday to get our tree and man people are rude when they think you've just got the last of an item off the shelf!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

And whats with the panic buying? Its cos of those fuckers that shops run out of stuff in the first place!!!!!

But also what annoys me is the humungous amount of charity collectors in the town, they look at you as if to say "come on, its christmas!" yes i know....thats why I DONT have any spare cash!!!!!! I already give enough throughout the year!!!!

My mother in law... :x

Oh sorry..you said things that annoy you at xmas..not all year round!

I love the wrapping presents bit.. I hate goin into town..especially with a pram! GRRR..and hate the food shopping bit too! :x

As I have managed to evade the in-laws for another year, I have absolutely nothing to find annoying about Christmas and will thoroughly enjoy every bit of it.

Plus I am going to have a glass of wine on Christmas Day :dance:

Foxxi said:
My mother in law... :x

Oh sorry..you said things that annoy you at xmas..not all year round!

:rotfl: yep I agree. I think it's more of fitting in with another family's xmas - my family's xmas is always lots of fun whereas my inlaws just sit around doing nothing.

Can't stand how the town is heaving and there are people EVERYWHERE!!! Nor people who panic buy because Tesco is going to be shut for one day!

oh it's another grumpy old Kylie thread, :D

I find shops that play christmas songs too loud while I am trying to shop annoying.

I find it annoying worrying whether I have spent enough on people and if I am going to be embarrassed when they give me a ferrari and I've bought them an alarm clock or something.

I find people who stand infront of things like potatoes or bananas in the supermarket so you have to lean over them to get to what you want really really annoying.

I find waiting for the postman everyday to bring my last few presents from ebay annoying because I'm too scared to have a bath, bath Isaac, hoover, go to the shops or go for a poo incase he turns up and I don't answer the door then have to drag my ass all the way into town and queue in the delivery office :roll:

Wrapping fooking pressies... :roll: Plus the cats keep stealing the rolls of sellotape so it costs a fortune in the end...

Putting xmas decorations up

Xmas cards... I really don't see the point other than to keep Finland/Sweden/Norway's wood exportation companies in business...

The amount of waste going on.. what with paper, cards, unwanted pressies, old xmas decorations, stupid amounts of food thrown away.... when people in third world countries are starving.... and when you get angry about it and say I'm not doing it again, they call you a scrooge :shock: :x :roll: *coughs at urchin ;)

Packed shops... with people doing last minute shopping... :roll:

My mum cos she loves xmas and always goes WAY overboard... and makes me feel guilty for being a scrooge...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I hate that everone needs to see you the week before christmas.
Like you don't have enough to do without seeing random family members that you never see all year round anyway.

And that people that are unorganised. Christmas is not a suprise- it's always the same date every year, so how come they are always leaving things til the last minute??? :wall: :wall:

the MIL trying to tell everyone what they are doing on xmas day in OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!
:rotfl:
thats all thats annoyed me this year up to now!!!!!!!!

I really hate having to xmas shop with the pram. I cant get to look at anything as the isles arent wide enough and i find myself moving it out the way all the time. I have to go into town really early if i want to browse, its a nightmare.

Other than that i love xmas!

i love wrapping presents too lol. one thing i do hate and have found today cus ive just finished my shopping is the amount of teenagers, young healthy people that hog the lifts in the shopping centre so the people with pushchairs or wheelchairs have to stand there for 40 minutes waiting to get to another level!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

ok i will now count to ten ....

xxxxx

I love wrapping presents! In fact I'd like to make an off topic announcement.. I have now finished all shopping/wrapping and can now enjoy festive period. :dance:

Ok now for what I hate :x

People who are rude in town and bang into you cos they're in a rush :x Surely Christmas is reason to be nicer to people if anything. I love strolling around town just taking it all in.

Christmas cards.. I'm sorry to sound like a scrooge ok but why oh why do I need Christmas cards messing up my nice home. My tree and decorations look so pretty but bloody cards dont. I dont mean special ones like mummy, daddy etc.. am talking about those shitty little 10p cards people from work/rellies you dont really see send you, stick em up your bum. I'd rather have a text thanks very much. :) ahhh thats better.

Apart from that I LOVE everything about Christmas, such a magical feel about it :hug:

emma28 said:
And that people that are unorganised. Christmas is not a suprise- it's always the same date every year, so how come they are always leaving things til the last minute??? :wall: :wall:
*runs and hides from emma* :shock:

I'd like to add cards to my list too :D

I dont send them because I think its an awful waste of paper and an aspect of xmas (among others) I find way too commercial, I send e-cards and texts or.....shock horror.....pick up the phone :rotfl:

I have 3 cards ive received atm and 2 of them are from neighbors we dont even know as most people know I dont like them :rotfl:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
Christmas cards.. I'm sorry to sound like a scrooge ok but why oh why do I need Christmas cards messing up my nice home. My tree and decorations look so pretty but bloody cards dont. I dont mean special ones like mummy, daddy etc.. am talking about those sh*tty little 10p cards people from work/rellies you dont really see send you, stick em up your bum.

You just wait till your baby goes to school with 30 other kids and the ALL write Christmas cards to each other... Mason LOVES to put his up, then take them down, then read them again and again. They are EVERYWHERE!!

Living abroad I hate like today, receiving a present for Matilda and knowing that I didnt send anything for the senders child as I wasnt expecting anything and now feel sooooo guilty but dont live near any shops and not going to town til Friday so it will be too late to get and post anything.

and sorry but this xmas I love receiving xmas cards as I wont be seeing any of my family/friends until next summer and I got all tearful today when some 'babys first xmas' ones arrived but then felt guilty as it also my youngest nieces 1st xmas and I didnt send a special card to her :(

so the point of my post is I HATE FEELING GUILTY when I know I shouldnt

Urchin said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:
Christmas cards.. I'm sorry to sound like a scrooge ok but why oh why do I need Christmas cards messing up my nice home. My tree and decorations look so pretty but bloody cards dont. I dont mean special ones like mummy, daddy etc.. am talking about those sh*tty little 10p cards people from work/rellies you dont really see send you, stick em up your bum.

You just wait till your baby goes to school with 30 other kids and the ALL write Christmas cards to each other... Mason LOVES to put his up, then take them down, then read them again and again. They are EVERYWHERE!!

:shock: didn't even think of that :wall: they can go in his bloody room anyway, his friends, his cards, his mess :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back