Thin lining of womb - does anyone know what this means?

Corrinne37

Reaction score
I was told at my scan yesterday that the lining of my womb was very thin - does anyone know how this relates to fertility??
Any answers or ideas welcome.
Thanks ladies, xxxx

I also have a thin lining to my womb. I was told that this is because I havent ovulated so it wont be thicker till then. In terms of fertility a particularly thin lining I think can make it difficult for an egg to implant properly which is what I think was perhaps the cause of my mc . It can be helped Im sure. Did they say anything else about it? I havent had a period for nearly a year and provera didnt work with me either due to my thin lining.

Yes they like it to be 8cm or more thick i think for the egg to be able to implant succesfully x

It means either you're not ovulating OR as you've just started AF you could have shed your lining? Yo'd think it would be the thinnest at the end of AF though. Did she say how thin? Mine was 3.5mm on my failed clomid cycle, which meant nothing was happening. Xxx

Thanks Blondy - no she didnt say how thin. I was on day 1 of cycle then and had been heavier in the night and the morning, but pretty much finished (just spotting after that) . So yes may have shed it all and just a very light period.

I would of thought I wouldnt get a period at all if I didnt ovulate or is that not the case? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back