Thigh bone length

Rachel1509

Reaction score
At my 4D scan yesterday, she did a growth report of LO, but made a big deal of getting his thigh bone length and went to the trouble of showing it us too.
Just sitting here thinking 'why out of all the things she could of looked at, why thigh bone?'

Does anyone know if theres a specific reason she will of checked this?

On the growth report print out, it says LO's thigh bone length is measuring at 26weeks gestation. But I'm 29 weeks tomorrow. Is this bad?

Last edited:
I'm sure if she had been concered she would've said to see your midwife. When I went for a 4d scan and they saw all the excess fluid I had she told me not to panic, but there was alot of fluid and to see my midwife, but baby was fine!

I'm not sure about measurements, but after my fluid was diagnosed I went for regular scans and I remember one scan that my LOs measurements were all out of sync. Like arms 36 weeks, legs 39 weeks etc etc

If you're really worried hun, just give your midwife a call xxxx

A short thigh bone can be an indication of Down's but if she was worried she would have told you to contact your midwife

Femur length can be an indication of downs syndrome. I would imagine though that this would have been picked up by your mw or hospital. It is important to know that 'regular' children can also be born with a short femur. Don't worry about it! Xxx

Thanks for replies. Downs testing at 12 week scan came back as very low risk, so he's probably just got small legs and takes after me :D

Don't worry, ours also had slightly shorter femur bone length while everything else was measuring slightly above the 'perfect' line. All within normal range though. I don't care if he's a little short xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back