Thermometers

KatysMummy

Reaction score
Hi,

We are about to start charting for the first time, and I am wondering what type and brand of thermometers everyone is using?? Any recommendations would be gratefully received!!

Thanks,

Em xx

I had the boots thermometer that comes with a book for charting your temp. I couldn't make head nor tail of my charts, this was earlier in the year and I did give up with it.

With hindsight, it would have been better to use an online fertility charting facility like fertility friend, you can see the pattern much better than in a small book.

I've now invested in the a fertility monitor - First Response Cyclotest. They retail at £99 in Boots but I got mine brand new, sealed box for £32 at ebay. It's much better, it records your temps - up to 12 cycles so you can scroll through and see your temps. It flashes baby symbols at you when your fertile and two solid baby icons when you are in your really fertile phase. You can also tell it when you have your positive ov test or when you have your egg white CM. It builds up a picture of your cycle over the first few times you use it and each time it gives you a more accurate report of your fertile times.

There's usually a few of these going on ebay, keep your eye out, it's worth the investment.

Definitely have a go at charting, it really offers a good insight into your cycle.

Boots digital themometer but it is in Celsius so will probably buy another soon but a farenheit one... This is my first month of properly charting too, I use the Toni Weschler "taking charge of your fertility" cut out charts and I have my own spread sheet for other info as well.

good luck with charting..

x

My thermometer is in celsius too but it's easy to convert it to farenheit.

Toni Weschler has a good formula in her book:

(temp in celcius x 1.8) +32

Or fing a temp convertor online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27