There's only one!!! Yippeeee!!!!

Amanda

Reaction score
Well, finally I'm back from my scan. The sonographers car wouldn't start, so she was late getting in and then there was a nice queue. Finally got in 45 minutes late!!! To say she had a bad bedside manner is an understatement. I know she'd had a bad morning, but she was very short with us.

But we didn't care, as we saw our little blob (new name for her/him!). Sorry to disappoint all of you who were hoping it was twins, but there's only one in there. He/she was jumping around on the screen and waving his/her little stumpy arms and legs at us! And it's little heart was beating sooo fast!! So cute!

The pictures aren't good. :( On the top one blob is facing the camera (head is to the left) with arms and legs wiggling, then he/she jumped and turned on his/her back and you can see the little stumpy arms and legs (just!)

They've also put me back 2 days, so now due on the 7th September.

The great news is that they've signed me up to a voluntary study on the effects of caffeine. Lisa31 - I think you're on this aren't you??? It means that I get extra scans at 28 and 36 weeks! Any excuse to see more if blob!!! :lol: :lol:

scan.jpg

lovely pictures!! it is so excting isn't it! i bet you are so chuffed now you have finaly seen your baby. all the best for the rest of your pregnancy
love
sarah x

Thats good news. (Maybe other baby is in hiding! and it is really twins).

Congratulations bet it all seems more real now. I cant wait to have my first scan. I am really pleased for you and seeing your pictures has made me really excited about getting mine.

glad it all went well... and happy that your happy there is onoy one! little blob sounds active! my little chick wouldn't move.. they pressed really hard on my stomach to the point i nearly wet myself... but still chick wouldn't move! just kept putting his/her hands up over its face - cute...

congrats

x

Lovely pics Tankett!! had to come check if you had posted if you were having one or two !!

Steph

Phew Tankett.. you must be so happy to know all is well with little blob.. great pics.. really does look like a blob at that stage doesn't it!!! How cute!!!

Now you can relax and be confident buying single cots and buggies!!!!

Very happy for you that Blob is fine and that you and OH are happy too.
Just cos there is only one blob doesn't mean you have to go on a diet now though!!!!

xxx

Glad all went well for you, your pictures are lovely.

and lucky you to go on the caffine study! your scans at 28 & 36 weeks will be amazing.

lovely pics tankett hun :D dont worry about being big i was big on my son and 4 days after giving birth i was lighter than before id got pregnant am hoping this time will be same but cant see it somehow cravings for cherry coke and salt and vinegar crisps are not helping my future waistline at all :oops: glad all went well for you at scan xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well I'm just home and straight on the PC.
Tankett, I can't begin to tell you what a horrible day I've had but this has put a huge smile on my face. I'm so delighted for you. Could smack the hospital staff but at least you got to see your baby. Ah. You must be on such a high now. What about your nuchal fold test? When is that happening?
I'm interested in the caffeine study. I have a small decaf cap every day and today had half a diet coke - I'm so so tired I need something! I'm actually not off caffeine at all.
Glad everything went well.
Take care hun.
S
PS Mine is Monday 20th. Can't wait. Think I will finally relax then.

Congratulations Tankett I am pleased all went well for you, great pics too :D

Xxx

awww congrats i never got my 1st scan as found out to l8 !
take it ur glad its not twins lol

love sarah and braydon

Awwwww no twins!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad all went well with your scan and you saw little blob move.
I really hope that turnip head (OH's name for ours - from Lost) is moving for us, I can't wait.

Lucky you getting those extra scans! :D

Sam xx

Hi Tankett

Congrats on your 'one' blob!!! - always next time for twins eh!!?? :wink:

Your scan pics are lovely - when you see them it really makes all the annoying things of pregnancy melt away to nothing doesnt it!

No, I'm not doing the caffiene study - the reason I had quite a few scans were due to the bleeding etc. I know Petchy did it though - she's not been on for a few days but you could ask her about it.

I would of definatley done it, but I had my first scans at the LRI and I dont think they ask you there if you would like to take part.

What did you think to the general (apart from the woman being late!?)

We have just finished parentcraft classes there and they were really good - it really is a 'home from home' hospital (well thats the impression I get - lets see how labour is first!!!)

L x

I knew it was either you or Petchy, Lisa. I've actually emailed her to see how she is but had no reply, so I'm hoping she is just spending time with her LO.

To be honest, I'm a bit non-plussed about the General at the minute. Nightmare to park, the sonographer was a bit of a cow, but apart from that it did seem okay. But I didn't seem much of the actual unit - I suppose that will happen later. When did your parentcraft classes start Lisa?

Tankett - Yeah, I emailed Petchy too - hoping that all is going well for her.

I found the parking crap at the General too - too many people in the sports and social club next door I bet!!!! I wonder if thats where the new dads go to escape!??!!!

If I were you I would ring them to find out the next set of Parentcraft classes as I know they get booked up pretty quick - especially the evening ones which we wanted to go to. I really recommend them they were great - and the M/W we had was a right laugh.

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back