The week for being stabbed and prodded for me... *updated*

daftscotslass

Reaction score
First proper post in third tri!

Today was my 28 week appointment with the midwife. Finally got my blood results back from my booking appointment (which was a bit late, see my post in 2nd tri that fast tracked me from 12 weeks to 23!), everything OK.

Blood type O neg so anti-D for me on Wednesday - boohiss! Good job I'm not scared of needles.

Baby measures bang on 28 weeks. The midwife was laughing as bub clearly objected to being poked and we could hardly hear its heartbeat for it moving around!

Got an appointment on Wed for a scan to check low lying placenta and sneak a peek at bub, then one with the consultant. Depending on the placenta (if it's still low it means more scans and potential elective section) the doc will decide how long they let me go for as my dates are iffy. After that I have my anti-D injection in the outpatient clinic.

I'm starting to feel guilty about the fact I'm hardly at work this week for appointments! :oops: Hope everyone is well x

Hi :wave: Glad to hear everything is okay!
Hope the scan goes well for you!

Updated today!

Had my scan this morning to check the placenta and baby's growth. Measured bang on date (literally ON the middle line on the growth graph!) but baby would NOT co-operate for a picture and was all over the place so I'm home pictureless! They were rather frustrated trying to get the measurements they needed while bub was busy doing the macarena.

I'm hugely relieved and pleased to report that I have not got full blown placenta previa and it is now well away from my cervix. There's a possibility that the last scan was a bit innacurate as, so I'm told, the consistency of the placenta changes. One final check of it (and need a ridiculously full bladder for it) on March the 5th.

Spoke to the consultant who has now "discharged [me] to routine midwife care" and I don't need to see her again. She said the scan isn't even necessary but will keep the appointment to check wee one is still on target growth wise.

Had my anti-d shot too... was given the option of bum or arm. Went for the first option because apparently it was easier and hardly felt a thing. Does that say a lot about my butt? :rotfl:

OK, I shall shut up now, I am just sooo chuffed that I don't have to have an elective section. Hopefully I will have some pics in 2 weeks' time!

Good news about the scan!! And i wish i had my anti d in my bum! the size of it i wouldnt of felt a thing!!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back