The waiting is killing me!

Amy0801

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I have my 12 week scan on Monday 23rd May but I am dying to know what is going on in there! This is my second baby so I am sure I have felt 2-3 strong kicks but I am so scared of going for the scan and being given some bad news :( I have had no bleeding or pains to suggest anything bad could have happened but I think it's just nerves. I just keep thinking what if I go and they put the probe on my tummy and the screen is empty...where's the baby gone!?!? I'm also very impatient which doesn't help! Roll on Monday xx

Hi honey, I can't imagine how you're feeling and this is so easy for me to say but worrying isn't going to change anything, let alone keep you relaxed and thus baby relaxed.

If you've had no bleeding and felt kicks then that's fabulous, many mums get bleeding and its all good so you're in the best case scenario. Try to stay calm, deep breaths and shrug those shoulders (seriously do that now) ahhhhh....

Have you thought about getting a doppler to listen to baby's heartbeat when you feel anxious?

:hug:

Good luck for time speeding up, I am quite impatient too so I will be just the same!

I'm the same.... With first I was really excited but with this one, because I'm going for the combined screening tests this time I'm nervous. Also I know I've felt flutters recently and I've started to pop (mum commented on little bump) but I've got this dreaded fear there'll be no movement or anything on the scan......
Think it's because I've been following some threads of those who have experienced such tragedies recently it's making me anxious.
Good luck though! My dating scan is Thursday and seems so far away! I can't wait to get it over with, get my results from the screening tests and get on with things! Lol
I've considered buying a Doppler but I have a suspicion OH has bought me one as he said he's got me a gift but I can't have it until after the 12 week scan and I had mentioned I wanted one a few weeks back. Would it be worth considering getting yourself one for reassurance? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back