The time has come :,(

Em91

Reaction score
I start my return to work tomorrow :( :( :( i havent slept properly for days worrying about leaving O, going back, everything.

I just keep thinking what if she screams the whole time, at the trial she got hysterical when i left then slept for an hour and woke up 5 mins before i arrived so when i collected her she was still crying. The childminder is lovely and comes well recommend, highly qualified etc.. I just don't trust anyone to look after her as well as me and OH? does that sound stupid?

Then there's work itself, because i went on Mat before the new children started in Sept i don't know any of them, so will have to build a relatioship with them for the sake of 4-5 weeks when they will move up to school and then i will have 30 new children in Sept, i can't help think what's the point in going back before September! unfortunately I've had my 52 weeks so i have to :(

It just feels all wrong!! im constantly on the verge of bursting into tears, please tell me im a paranoid, over anxious loony and after a week it'll just become normal again?

xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

I can't help you really as I feel the same as you :hugs:
I hope that you will both be fine.
Dreading it too :(

No advice but just wanted to say good luck. I hope it will be a quick day gor you too. Xxx

tapatalking

Just been through this Hun. It gets easier but I still hate it. Good luck. Xxxxxx

Good luck :hug:

I'm doing my first KIT day tomorrow and I'm nothing short of a grumpy cow tonight!

Not looking forward to going back full time at the end of August :cry:

hey I went through exactly the same feelings only 6 weeks ago!
I still feel a lot of it, but to be honest you become so much more busier and tired you really will not think as much about it.
ive even written a blog post for the new gingerbread single parent blog (make it work) about tips on returning to work, which is going live tomorrow so will put a link on my own parent blog (sig below).

Just take it day by day- once you get through the first week, you will get better. It was bad for me when I come back sometimes and hes been unwell or hes learnt something new, but I have to remind myself it does him good to have time away from me, he gets to spend time with his cousin and his nan, and I show him that you work hard as an adult, so good role modeling.

I don't have a choice due to a stupid mortgage and the dad not paying me any money, otherwise I would stay at home til hes at school, but that's life - I appreciate my time with him so much more now, so it does have its good sides!

thanks all, i know its got to be done, mortgage to pay etc!

good luck with your KIT day tweety :)
x

Good Luck! I can honestly say it does get easier... The 1st few days were hard. But now it just feels normal... At least you have the summer holidays to look forward to?xx

Mo advice hun just wanted to wish you huge punt of luck for today. I'm sure O will be fine, she will get used to it and will start enjoying herself no doubt in a very short time.
Xx

Wishing you well today Em, I am sure going back is one of those things that seems worse than it is???

I did a few KIT days and it's made me see that going back to work isn't the end of the world.

Although I'll get back to you the night before I go back and see how I am feeling then lol.

Best of luck today and I am sure it will be fine

xxxxxxx

Wishing you well today Em, I am sure going back is one of those things that seems worse than it is???

I did a few KIT days and it's made me see that going back to work isn't the end of the world.

Although I'll get back to you the night before I go back and see how I am feeling then lol.

Best of luck today and I am sure it will be fine

xxxxxxx

Thanks, work was actually not as bad as i thought!
O cried on and off all day though, 10mins happy, 10mins crying etc! :( i suppose it was only her first day...xx

I'm glad your day wasn't as bad as you thought. Hope you. It's have lots of lovely cuddles and kisses this evening. Xx

Ive been back to work 2 weeks now...sofia was like that with the chilminder at the start but is settling now xxx

Hi hun. Iv been back a couple of months now and I promise it gets easier. I still hate leaving Meri but when I'm at work I know she's safe and I just get stuck in to getting my work done. Before I know it the day is over and I'm giving her a cuddle before bed.

You will both adjust to your new routine quicker than you think. I felt exactly the same as you when I was due to go back but when I'm at work now it feels like iv never been away.

Hugs xx

I go back full time in
October, I could stay home if I wanted until Max starts school, but my wage pays
for nice holidays and other treats so I'm happy to work to pay for these.
I'm debating whether to put Max in a nursery or with a child minder, I cannot decide xx

glad ur first day went well!

im struggling with work not being flexible when my mum is ill or childcare issues! - hard to know your full rights as each company has their own policies and this one only offers unpaid leave with emergencies0 urgh!!

childminders would be better if your baby is young, (under 18 months) as they need an attachment figure, so child minder is the same person, whereas nurseries have loads of staff - all the psychologists recommend one permanent figure in place when the mum isnt there... down to personal choice at end of the day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back