The third trimester!!!

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
Are we all here now? :)

How do we all feel now that we have made it to the finishing stretch?

I am definitely a lot slower now when I walk around and I am starting to feel quite front heavy.

Two hours of shopping has left me very achey.

On the bright side, I have been to Debenhams this morning and they had a brilliant sale on with the baby clothes. I picked up some little t-shirts that were £1.50, and some baby grows as well. Also a little pair of trousers with about 75% off! I did well.

I am starting to get a bit of an achey back at the end of the day so I might invest in a belly bra to wear if I am going to be on my feet for a while.

Hey Sarah...

Will be twenty seven weeks in a few days and when I think that I have only thirteen weeks to go I feel quite overwhelmed! We have so much to do! I have bought two packs of nappies and three newborn sleeping suits, some scratch mitts and a cap. That is the sum total of my baby purchases to date...oh, and some stickers for my nursery wall.

I am actually a little more concerned with the fact that I have already outgrown one maternity pants (leaving me two to wear...one to wash while wearing the other!) and I seem to be stretching all my maternity clothes to their limits! I mean, wow. I hate not to look good and feel comfy, so wearing waistlines open is not an option!

But anyhow...another question. Are you guys buying newborn clothes? I have bought three sleeping suits and when I opened them out they are TINY. I don't think I've ever seen a newborn baby that tiny...but maybe I'm wrong. I shall have to ask my SIL - who had advised me not to buy too many newborn clothes because they grow out of them so fast, what she thinks. These things look like they would only fit a doll.

We'll buy our changing trolley next weekend and our moses basket the weekend after. My dad is buying us a cot and the SIL (may she be blessed) has given us baby seats, bouncers and playpens along with a lot of bed linen. The room only needs painting. After that, there's just the suitcases, really, i don't intend to buy that much because my family are promising to shower me with baby shop vouchers at Christmas. I intend to breastfeed but do you think I should get a couple of bottles and a sterilising unit anyway?

Weird...I honestly don't know any of this stuff. And I'll be a Mom in three months' time, or a little over.

Sue

Hi Sue,

I wouldnt get to many newborn clothes, your sister in law is right, they do outgrow them so quick! so 0-3 would be better to stock up on.

About the breast feeding, I would get a couple of cheap bottles and a cheap sterolizer just in case, dont buy a top of the range one, coz you may take to breast feeding like a pro and nevr need bottles, but unfortunatly not everyone can get on with it, so having bottles and a tub of milk to hand is handy just in case, but fingers crosed you wont need them :)

You will still need a sterolizer for other things, like dummies, breast pumps (if you are having one) and little bits. You could just boil them in a pan on the hob tho.

Dont worry about outgrowing your maternity clothes at all, i have out grown my stuff twice now and will be buying my 3rd lot in a couple of weeks, hopefuly that will last me till im due, then they can all go on ebay, get me some money back, hehe :)

hope all is well

xxx

Hello

Welcome to the third trimester Sarah and nearly there Sue. And Layla, you overtook me which isn't fair.

Well, I'm glad that other people have felt that front heavy achy feeling. It worried me slightly and made me feel like I wanted to carry my tummy.

I've got loads of baby clothes. DH and I got a bit addicted and are now buying the 3-6 month range.

We have the cot and moses basket all set up in our room which makes everything more real and we're both very excited.

Feeling more relaxed now I'm up to 28 weeks but am beginning to grow out of my maternity clothes. I didn't realise that was possible :lol:

Here's to the next 12 weeks!

I'm outgrowing maternity clothes too, even in a size bigger than I would normally buy, I think it is obvious It's more than just my belly that's growing :oops:

I feel like never leaving the house again so I can live in my PJ's, anything else is too uncomfortable.

ha ha im outgrowing too
i have two pairs of pants one which is overly worn already and my maternity jeans are way too uncomfortable now :( But during the week i live in my pyjamas anyways cuz no one comes over and my bf working.
I have everthing in the nursery done now, i just gotta wait till Nov when my bf Aunt comes ot help me put the border up cuz i have no idea and dont wanna wreck anything.
Well im glad everyone is doing wonderful lol.
TTYL Katrina

Tiny sue

I'm doing ok with maternity stuff as I haven't got that big yet, but that could change at any time, I've been told

We have been told that we have a slightly bigger than average baby, so we are buying bigger than newborn. M&S is great because they do things in a '1 month size' which I am indulging in. Everyone else only sells 0-3 which seems a bit big for a newborn.

Another great place to shop is tesco. They do packs of seven babygrows for a fiver!!!!!!, so we are going to get a couple of packs of them in a newborn size just in case he is smaller than we expect, but if he is too big, then we haven't wasted much money.

Hope that helps

Yup*S*

Every little helps, just like Tesco! *L* I have been promised a shopping trip on Thursday so I'll get a few nice things there...

Have to go now catch up with the extra hour lastnight, which makes me feel like I've slept half the week away!

Sue

Here I am, two feet in trimester three...

*takes a little jump* Ouch...won't do that again...

Baby's had a growth spurt recently. My brothers and sister were home for the weekend and when they saw my belly move with the baby they were all freaked out! My brother actually called me a "freak" - and then begged to feel my bump again. How weird is that?

I declare, they are all more excited than my husband, who's been very reserved and dignified apart from yesterday when he had his arm around me and was kicked hard!

He said, "Holy cow! What's going on in there! Do you feel that a lot?"

Like...duhhh....

:lol:
Sue

:lol:

Yesterday morning the Dh had his arm round me and I thought we were just having a nice cuddle, and I had actually forgotten about being pregnant for a moment.

About five minutes later, he said that he hadn't felt him kick yet. Awwww. I thought he was just cuddling me, but he was hoping to feel a kick. :) sweet!

Yipee I've made to the final three months :D Not long to go now, how is everyone feeling?? I'm starting to get a bit nervous and I am also anxious to get everything ready for the big day.

I'm not really that nervous about it.

I'm not over the moon about the labour bit but I am pretty chilled out actually.

Women give birth every day. It will be over before we know it.

welcome SarahB!

Im nervous about giving birth, on my last 2 i had epidruals, great things! but this time round i cant have one, they have changed the hospital in to a midwife lead center, so only gas and air for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back