The swimmers!!

FBTTN8079

Reaction score
So my OH have his sample in this morning and was white as a sheet bless him !

We have to wait to 2pm when I can phone up and find out the results for him

Does anyone know whats good, bad and average ? What to expect etc? X

BabyDust *****

I dont know off hand but you can find averages of normal if you google it. If you get a print out then there should be a reference sheet too. Wishing you loads of luck for the results xx

Ah great thanks honey xxx

Always a waiting game with this ttc stuff xxx

BabyDust *****

good luck. my hubby has his mid June so i will be interested in your results. fingers crossed they are good xx

I've got everything crossed for him x just ticking off the minutes to phone them ! X

BabyDust *****

I know that average/normal is about 20 million pr ml (or something like that) - than you have a range of other factors that influence the quality as well.

We had to wait 2 weeks on our results, so that's really good that you get them today! Wishing you lots of luck!

xx

Hmm not great news

I'd rather something be up with me!

Had a high volume which meant more dilution but they want >15 million to be classed as "normal" and his sample only showed 6.4 million

So they need a repeat sample in August

I'm going to google to see if there's anything that can help increase sperm production if anything ? Xx

BabyDust *****

zinc zinc zinc. my friend at work who is pregnant via IVF initially started down the IVF route because her OHs sperm was practically at zero for everything. He was subsequently diagnosed with coeliac disease and after 3 months of being on the no gluten diet he was retested and was now classed as normal...in 3 months!! Although they were told they would most likely conceive naturally all of the IVF appointments were already in place so they went ahead with it and he had to take a zinc supplement daily to help keep his swimmers in a good way...so zinc and a healthy diet can help. I found that very interesting xx

zinc zinc zinc. my friend at work who is pregnant via IVF initially started down the IVF route because her OHs sperm was practically at zero for everything. He was subsequently diagnosed with coeliac disease and after 3 months of being on the no gluten diet he was retested and was now classed as normal...in 3 months!! Although they were told they would most likely conceive naturally all of the IVF appointments were already in place so they went ahead with it and he had to take a zinc supplement daily to help keep his swimmers in a good way...so zinc and a healthy diet can help. I found that very interesting xx

Oh really ! Thanks hon that's really interesting I shall get him on some supplements and we r both kick starting the diet together so hopefully that will help too xxx

He's so down and wanted me to tell him at work, I really want to help him be positive and get on this baby making machine xxx

BabyDust *****

Found this:
No.7 Try Supplements, Not Just Drugs
While certain drugs, such as marijuana (and all her illegal friends) and antifungal medicine, may hinder sperm production, others, like testosterone therapy, may help increase sperm production. As well, certain natural supplements promise to increase sperm production.

L-carnitine, found in red meat and milk, is a natural amino acid, and increases sperm production and speed. Of course, it can also be taken as a supplement.

Folic acid (or L-lysine -- all foods made with grains must be fortified with folic acid), when combined with zinc, increases the amount of sperm produced.

L-arginine (found in nuts, sesame seeds, eggs, and meat) is also highly regarded as a sperm enhancer.

Also, antioxidants such as vitamin E and selenium also improve sperm speed and concentration.

No.6 Exercise Your Muscle
Although this may not increase your actual sperm and semen production, exercising your PC muscle can help you shoot further than ever before. For some reason, some guys equate this with being the man (myself being one of them). Do your Kegel exercises and you'll be able to thrown down.
No.5 Drink Less
Alcohol affects your liver function, which, in turn, causes a dramatic rise in estrogen levels. So, as I'm sure you've already concluded yourself, this will interfere with sperm production because estrogen, not testosterone, will accumulate in your body. Even two drinks a day will have long-term effects on sperm production, so maybe you should put the beer down for today.
No.4 Have Sex & Masturbate Less Often
Many readers write in to ask why their semen is sometimes nice and thick, and yet other times, it's transparent and somewhat watery. Well, it's quite simple actually, the more times you ejaculate, the less dense your semen will be. If you have sex every day, or worse, masturbate furiously, then chances are that your sperm count and semen density will not be up to par.
No.3 Start Eating Right
Believe it or not, your diet affects your sperm production big time (how it affects the taste is debatable, however). And although I'm sure you already know that a diet that's low in fat, and high in protein, vegetables, and whole grains is good for your health, I bet you didn't know that it's also good for your sperm. Keep the boys healthy, speedy and in abundance by eating right.
No.2 Remove The Heat
The reason your testicles hang from your body and don't reside inside it like a woman's ovaries, is because they need to be a few degrees cooler than the rest of your body. So wearing tight underwear or tight pants that keeps them pressed up against your 98.6° body is not a good idea. As well, sleep naked if you can, to ensure coolness.
No.1 Quit Smoking
If you smoke, quit now. If it's not bad enough that you already have bad breath and can't taste anything, smoking also affects your sperm count. Not only do you have significantly less sperm than non-smoking men (22%), your little boys are also slower and smaller.

Last edited:
i HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT MY OH BEING TESTED CAN I ASK HOW YOU WENT ABOUT THIS ? IS IT AS SIMPLE AS JUST CALLING YOUR GP?

THANKS

My gp who has initiated my tests asked my hubby to make a separate appointment to request a sperm analysis given our age and 8 months trying. He then was given a number to call at the hospital to book a slot, everywheres different I imagine x

My gp referred us cause we were 32 and 33 and been trying for a year and te clinic is a couples only clinic so they investigate both of you x

BabyDust *****

I have my oh on zinc and selenium supplements as well as well as well man conception. If you start your oh on these supplements as well as following the lifestyle advice I bet you'll see a huge improvement xxx

I have my oh on zinc and selenium supplements as well as well as well man conception. If you start your oh on these supplements as well as following the lifestyle advice I bet you'll see a huge improvement xxx

Oh really, where can u get them from? Is there a certain mg? Or any interactions with the Wellman conception?? X

BabyDust *****

No interactions as far as I know. I got the selenium tabs from boots (can also get in holland and barrett) The zinc are the efferessent tabs which also contain vitamin c. If he's not keen on all those supplements Brazil nuts contain loads of selenium too. I'm sure that's the train his Sa was so good! He's also cut out alcohol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back