The story of Hollie Jean - 5th July 2013

emmimoo

Reaction score
Well Hollie finally decided to put in an appearance 10 days late!

Days leading up to it I had tried (almost) everything to induce labour, spicy food, warm baths, long uphill walks, pineapple etc. Husband refused the sex option, said he didnt want to be mentally scarred! My mum had warned me that nesting was really strong in my family so I was waiting for it to kick in, but by Thursday 4th I was so depressed it was unreal. I was so ready for her to come out and Thursday evening I spent the majority of the night in tears!
However 1am Friday 5th morning I was woken up by contractions and within half hour they were every 4-5 mins. I rang hospital about half 2 who told me to come in and at 3:30am they told me I was 7cm, which shocked the life out of me. I was fairly easygoing with my birth plan and I said I'll try everything so I started off in birthing pool. At 8am they checked again and I was fully dilated, I was on gas and air only but I felt like my back was going to explode with every contraction.
By half 10am contractions had virtually stopped so they took me out and put me on hormone drip and epidural. I sat crouched over in the position to have epidural inserted and fell asleep and just as they went to insert it I got another contraction. It is impossible to keep still whilst contracting! At this point they said it'll be at least an hour before anything happens so I sent husband to have half hour off and get some breakfast, but 10 mins later midwife handed me my phone and said I better call him and tell him to get his arse back up here! He ran back up and was completely out of breath by time he got back, bless him!
Contractions now back to every few mins, midwife had a feel at baby's head (very painful!) and decided she could feel something she didnt like, so she got another midwife for another opinion. They too had a feel (REALLY painful!) who agreed there was something there but didnt know what so she got a Dr to have a feel. He put his hand up and by now I was screaming at them to make their mind up and they all decided baby had her hand up to her cheek so I was going to have to push harder. I was in agony on gas and air as we discovered that the contraction when putting in epidural meant it had gone in at wrong angle so it numbed my left thigh and nothing else!
They gave me an episiotomy to help but baby's hand on her cheek caused a second degree tear and Hollie arrived at 11:55am after an (eventful) 11hr labour. After 9 months of being convinced I was having a boy, daddy was overcome with emotion at having a little girl and wouldnt let her go after they finished giving me my 20+ stitches!

I was ready for a potential 2 day labour so was pleasantly surprised by 11hrs, can't say I'd do it again in a hurry though!

Xx

Last edited:
Congratulations on your little bubba girl.

Not many people stay team yellow (we did and it was the best surprise I've ever had)

Enjoy you little girl.

Love her name, it was on our list.

xxxxxxxxx

Congratulations on the safe arrival, nauughty little one posing with hand on her face.

Congratulations thank you for sharing agreed norty for having her hand up but glad all is well now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back