The Short LP Club

Keelygracey

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

I just wanted to set up a thread to discuss short luteal phases.. ladies who have them, ladies who have conceived with one & of course any advice people may have for lengthening them as I've seen a few ladies bring it up in other posts..

Before TTC my cycles have always been very regular and always 28 days give or take a day I am only on my 3rd month TTC so still very much trial & error for me (I am temping & using opks)
My first month I'm almost certain I had a very early MC, Had implantation pains & spotting but I then bled heavily at 10DPO and was heavy for about 5 days which is very very unusual for me.. would this be due to a short LP?
My second cycle AF arrived 11DPO and was normal (light, about 3-4 days) .. making my cycle 26 days and an LP of 10 days.

Of course I haven't been TTC or temping long enough to know whether this was maybe just a one off.. my cycles have always been 28 days so for me I guess time will tell..

I've heard so much conflicting opinions on 'short LP's' some people think as long as it's 9+ days you can get pregnant which I agree.. however it does lower your chances, if your egg chooses that cycle not to implant until 9DPO then your AF would be on its way before it even had a chance to implant fully..

Be nice to hear from any ladies that have short LP's and if they are doing anything to try and lengthen them - also those of have had their BFP's?

:)

My LP is 11 days. I've tried vitamins B6 and B12 to lengthen.
As long as your LP is not below 10 days you are fine. It also depends when do you start counting. I start as soon as cm changes from ewcm to creamy. X

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about this so intrigued to see the answers. I hope you don't mind if i add some questions also as it is quite confusing..:eh:

My cycles are between 26-28 days and always have been, so presumably that means i must have short LP too? Or does it ever marry up, ie, if you have short LP, then maybe you OV early to make up for it?
Presumably LP begins as soon as you've ovulated?

Yes LP begins after ovulation has occurred. You can either monitor your cm or do temping. Whichever is easier x

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hi Milkybar!

Having a short cycle doesn't mean you'll have a short LP.. it depends on when you ovulate.. mine is short because I ovulate slightly later CD16/17.. As far as I understand your ovulation date can vary slightly however your LP stays the same which is why your cycle may vary by a day or two..
There are things you can do to try and lengthen it like Charlotte said, I am taking a vitamin B complex on top of all my normal vitamins so we'll see if it makes any difference this cycle.. :)

Do you know when you ovulate by temping or anything? You may not have a short LP.

Last edited:
Ah i see, thanks guys. I tried opk last cycle and only ever saw one line (which was not as dark as test line, but i'm counting it as a positive as it's literally the only time i ever got a line at all!), in which case it was CD14. If ov happens a day or two after this line, i'd ov around CD15-16 i think, so may have LP 10-11 days.

I'm on Cycle 3 also Keeley - Cycle 1 - this will be easy! Cycle 2 - Hmm, lets see how opk work. Cycle 3 - I'm thinking of temping also, but can't find a thermometer without a beep :lol: (H wouldn't appreciate it when i wake up on weekends!) so will continue with opk and see if more luck this time around.

If the B Vitamins lengthen by a singular day or two that sounds quite a reassurance for you, i hope they do the job and there's some success stories added.

I know, the beep is very annoying!! I shove it under the cover as soon as it beeps to try and muffle it! haha.. I'm sure there's a vibrating one you can get but think its expensive! Definitely recommend temping though especially if you've never had a really positive opk.. because even a positive opk doesn't mean your definitely ovulating where as temping will confirm it.

Fingers crossed cycle 3 is our cycle!!!

xx

Hi, I think I'm in this club now!

When we first started ttc I had 28 day cycles and ovulated day 14 with LP of 14 days. Totally textbook. My cycle reduced to 27 days, then 26 and last month it was 25 with a LP of 10/11 days. I've even had a 24 day cycle but my LP that cycle was 12 days, just randomly ovulated very early. This month I'm on cd26, 11dpo (could be 10 I'm not 100% on ov day) and really cramping so I know af will be here any minute! I'm going onto cycle 21 though so not sure what's making it reduce so much. Also had 2 early losses but my LP wasnt as short when i got pregnant. Could be why it isn't happening again for us! Got a GP appointment on Monday so going to ask then xx

Last edited:
I have a short LP too.

It's 10-12 days.

I've been pregnant four times so it's not short enough to stop implantation. I think as long as it's over 10 days then it shouldn't be a problem.

XX

Thanks for your input ladies.

MrsS, be interesting to hear what your doctor has to say? X

Well I've not come on yet, my body is just tricking me. But if I do today then I'll be 11 so I'll definitely mention it and see what they say. I've read that above 10 is considered okay, I think I'm more worried because I started at 14 days and dropped so much. I'll let you know for definite what they say! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back