The rings are off

Haylian

Reaction score
Had to take my wedding rings off, my hands swell when I'm hot anyway but obviously this year it's a lot worse so didn't want to risk having them cut off.
Not taken them off in 3 years so feel lost without them.

When did you all have to take yours off, or have you been lucky and not had to?

X

I took my engagement ring off a while ago. About 18 weeks or so preggers. But its tighter than my wedding ring.

I took my wedding ring off two days ago (I feel naked!!) but I didn't want to risk it with this hot weather coming up. The midwife brought it up too, warning me.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Yeah I know it's for the best, I've ordered myself a silver ring in a massive size to get me by

Yeah, I had to take mine off too about 3 weeks ago and it took alot of lubrication to get them off. I feel so lost without mine too...can't wait to get them back on :) x

I have taken mine off occasionally and worn them on a chain. I don't like taking them off but would be horrible if they got stuck. This heat makes me feel huge all over! X

I took my wedding ring off at about 32 weeks. Engagement ring is bigger so that's still on but I should prob take it off.

I hate being Pg & not wearing a wedding band. Sounds so prudish doesn't it!

Ill wear it on a chain when I remember!

Tempted to go get a big cheap silver ring too!

Xx

I'm lucky I haven't had any swelling at all even though I'm a sweaty irritable mess lol! Would feel naked without my engagement ring so fingers crossed with only a few weeks left I've escaped it! Xx

My engagement ring came off aaaaages ago, same size but the shape of it was cutting me. Took my wedding ring off on Wednesday because my fingers got too fat and now I'm too scared to put it back on, incase it doesn't come off again. My finger feels naked!!!

When we were going to ante natal today I said to hubby how odd it looked I wasn't wearing one, and he told me off a little because you don't need to be married to have a baby - but my point was he was wearing one and I wasn't - as if he wasn't my husband. I'm pretty sure noone really looked though haha xx

I had to take mine off at about 14 weeks :( did have another band I was wearing but that's now too small so just given in its pants only got to wear my wedding ring for about 4 months xx

My engagement ring came off at 18 weeks fingers swollen all the time. Gutted as only proposed to me in Feb 2013. It is in its box next to my bed, hate not having it on.

I took them off last time and didn't need to so I'm not trying this time!
Xxx

Luckily I haven't had to take mine off yet but the time might come soon if the weather has it's way lol x

Iv had to take them off before bed everynight and some days too I put on a chain on the day's I need them off n hang around my neck x

My engagement ring came off aaaaages ago, same size but the shape of it was cutting me. Took my wedding ring off on Wednesday because my fingers got too fat and now I'm too scared to put it back on, incase it doesn't come off again. My finger feels naked!!!

When we were going to ante natal today I said to hubby how odd it looked I wasn't wearing one, and he told me off a little because you don't need to be married to have a baby - but my point was he was wearing one and I wasn't - as if he wasn't my husband. I'm pretty sure noone really looked though haha xx

Mine came off this week too :( I keep looking down and thinking I've lost them. I feel really naked too. I keep saying the same to my Hubby - that we don't look like a married couple anymore. I've been dropping hints. Think I'll have to take him shopping otherwise I'll be wearing a Haribo ring this rate!

Mine are slightly larger than they should be on purpose as I hate the feeling of tight jewellery on my fingers, so I managed to keep them on till about 32 weeks and then they just felt uncomfortable and I also had the horrible squeezed fat look on my fingers!! I feel a bit lost without them. I've got them both hanging on my Pandora bracelet. Does feel strange me not having them on and hubby has got his on.

Brilliant - Did you eat it? :)

Yuck!! He'd been clinging onto it in his sweaty hand, and had it in his pocket for hours!!! ....and took major offence when I did refuse haha!!

Trust me, Haribo ring in this heat is never gonna be a decent substitute. You won't even get the pleasure of eating it when you get a bit bored!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back