The right way to prepare for TTC?

Jordie

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

we are about 6 months off trying to get pregnant (after our wedding in December).

I suppose I just want to hear on people more experienced than I about how to go about the following:

I have booked a doctors appointment for this coming Monday, I want to talk to my doctor about any checks or anything i should be doing to prepare my body (apart from the obvious of maintaining a good weight and eating healthy etc.)

I have had a previous history of Polycystic Ovaries however since removing my implanon over 5 years ago I have had zero symptoms (currently on no birth control). I have normal periods and signs of ovulation. When I first met my partner we were both diagnosed with Chlamydia which we took the antibiotic for but I am unsure how long I had it, I am however under the impression if I did have any ongoing effects from that, 6 years has passed and I'm sure id have some symptoms by now.

As you can see I do have a bit of a history so I dont really want to "start trying" and wait 12 months without success to wait and see whats going on, are there any standard imaging and tests that can be done to see if all is OK or if anything is abnormal? I do intend on getting a standard STD test just to be 110% the Chlamydia cleared up as it was that long ago i cant actually remember if we got re checked.

thanks and sorry for the long post!

Edit to mention I am 25 years old

Hi hun,
Just to let you know doctors won’t normally look into any fertility problems until you have been trying for over a year. Just tell a little white lie when you go. That’s what I did :) x

Hi hun,
Just to let you know doctors won’t normally look into any fertility problems until you have been trying for over a year. Just tell a little white lie when you go. That’s what I did :) x

Its crazy isnt it, I listened to a podcast a few days ago and they said something great about "taking charge of your fertility" its like the doctors just tell you to wait like something is magically going to change... that may be all good and well for women with no previous concerns but Id rather be as proactive as possible and not drag myself through 12 months of trying and being disappointed if there is something that can be detected early on! I will definitely tell a little fib i think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back