The Pub just isn't the same...

saralou5

Reaction score
My friends are moving to Australia so a couple of us just went to the pub for a little send off, but sitting there without a glass of wine or a pint made me feel a little left out. Plus I was tired by about 9pm! So they all had a merry night and didn't get in til 3am while I was asleep by 11. It's one of the many changes I suppose I'll have to get used to! Anyone else feel left out sometimes?? :(

Other than that, all healthy and well still, despite dreadful heartburn AND I started to 'pop out' a little this week! Got a tum on the go already!! And it's not just gas this time! YAY!

xxxx

Yeah I know the feeling! I went to a family party yesterday and got really moody because everyone seemed to treat me like I had a disability or something! "Are you OK?" "Ooo you be careful walking in them shoes!" blah blah blah! :roll:

Everyone who'd had a drink was getting up on karaoke, and I reckon I would of too if I'd of been drinking, but noooo, I was a big spoilsport and didn't want to embarrass my sober self.

On the other hand, the kids are what truly make those events enjoyable aren't they :) so it just made me want my LO to be born right now! Impatient now!

Aww bless ya x

Im exactly the same lol and my friends are always sat there sipping away like " ahh bet u wish you could have a nice cold beer"

Well atleast when it comes to their turn we will have already done it :p xx

Yes i feel exactly the same and have done from the start lol. I used to be a regular Saturday night party goer so it's been a big change in lifestyle for me. I'm also having to endure sitting through chats that my friends are having about planning girly summer holidays etc. To begin with they thought i'd still be able to join in because 'you'll have had baby by then' but i don't think they quite understood the financial and emotional ties that come with having a baby and i wouldn't just be able to up and leave him in the name of fun.

It's hard adjusting to your life changing, especially if you're the only one in your social circle who is pregnant or has a child. I often feel left out etc. But it'll all be worth it in the end and i just keep telling myself that there's no point complaining because it's happening and i really have no other choice now xx

i also was an out every weekend kind of girl and now i just feel all on my own, while my mates still do it. Did have a really lovely night out the other night though a nice meal with the girls x

Ugh, I know the feeling!

I haven't been out since 2nd Dec, which was our girly Christmas dinner, and not every1 knew I was pregnant yet so I had to pretend I was on antibiotics. So while I sipped apple juice, all my friends were getting rightly. Drunk people are so annoying and I just felt like a total spare part!
I ended up going home early while they all partied the night away.

I haven't partied that much since getting married in June, but now if I'm meeting friends I make sure its just for coffee or something. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies ladies, good to know I'm not the only one feeling like this :) haha! I just miss having a glass of wine at night with my girls sometimes! But at least we get something other than a hangover at the end of it all :D. Xxx

Yep i'm the same. Over xmas was the worst everyone was very merry by midday on xmas day and i was sat there looking a bit miserable and very sober!, since i've just avoided situations that involve alcohol. But we move house Sat so my Brothers arranged a house warming for the 11th Feb... I will be spending my evening worrying about my new carpets i think XD x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back