The pill

Loula

Reaction score
I want to come off the pill around July August time.
Curiosity has got me and I'm wondering how long before all goes back to normal etc x

It can vary from women to woman.

I've known of people whose cycles return to normal instantly whereas for others it can take months.

XX

Hi Loula, I stopped my mini pill in November 2015. I had a bit of spotting few days afterwards and then my first proper period on 6th March. I'm CD 25 today and still don't really know when my period is due, but I'm being an optimist and guessing (hoping) at an average 28 days - it may not be though. I was on the mini pill for a total of 8 months.

They say it can take up to a year for your periods to regulate but people have fallen pregnant straight away after the pill. I guess it just depends on the person.

Good luck for when you do decide to TTC XX

It can vary from women to woman.

I've known of people whose cycles return to normal instantly whereas for others it can take months.

XX

Definitely, I had a friend that conceived the 1st cycle after coming off and then for me it took ages. You could always come off and use condoms whilst your cycle is returning to normal x

Not sure if it depends what type of pill your on.

I was on Cilest (think that's the spelling) and 3 times I fell either the month I came off or month after coming off it. One time we were actively trying not to get pregnant and it still happened.

Xxx

Thanks ladies. I've been on it 3 year come October so I'm guessing my body could take a while to regulate and get back to normal.

I don't 3 years is classed as a long time, I was on it for about 12! X

I think the same as fairyprincess I don't think 3 years is particularly long to be on it.
The 1st time I fell literally the month I had stopped taking it I had been on Microgynon & more recently Cilest for about 10 years.I believed that it would take a while to catch if I'd been on it that long. That's why I came off as I was preparing for starting to try in like a year but even after using withdrawal method and avoiding fertile days all together I fell straight away!

xxx

I was on mine for 10 years and came off start of March - absolutely nothing yet, (except a nice chunk of spots and a crazy hormone weekend!). I know it's still early for me after a long time on pill but feel anxious that there hasn't been anything. Will update hopefully (assuming it's not months away) for you when it happens..

Hiya so i came on this weekend for a grand total of...2 days! Must still be in the process of body sorting out. So for me about a month for something to happen, just shorter than what should be usual. Maybe next month will be a bit longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back