The nursery

Nickinakinoo

Reaction score
Have you started getting yours ready? Do you know what your doing for it (colour, theme)? Have you got/chosen your furniture?

I think (I keep changing my mind) ours will be mint green, got our bedding which is grey with hints of peach and mint (mothercare lullaby range) other than that nothing's been started and the room needs emptying, cupboards ripped out, 70 yr old wallpaper removing, ceiling and walls need plastering then painting and carpeting. Actually writing that out makes me think we should really get started on it

We're using what has been our 'room of doom' for many years for our nursery! We needed to have the loft boarded to make sapce for storage, so now that's done hubby has moved everything we are keeping up there and has taken everything else to the tip! So the room is finanlly clear, which is lovely :)
We still need to paint it and get new carpet, which we're thinking of doing in a couple of weeks as we have some time off work. We're thinking of painting it a light yellow and then getting some fun, bright wall stickers with monkeys etc. It's not a bit room, so we've chosen a smallish cotbed and wardrobe in white, will have a changing board over the cot to save space and a rocking chair.
Shouldn't take too long, but then we've already got our next to me crib and baby will be in with us for a while at first anyway, so I'm not feeling too paniked about it xx

Jacksons nursery was a tip room until I fell pregnant and started nesting..

I ripped the lot out, got it all replastered and linning paper then it was white and silver to match the Winnie the Pooh Starry night. After he got a bit older we moved so got to redo the room.

Ours will be sharing this time so we already have a newly did blue room as we just moved and werent going to try so soon. I have no idea what to do with this room but I have a bit of time. Ive picked the IKEA STUVA range because its roomy, lots of storage and different sets plus it goes with both toddler and new born. We need alot of storage for Jacksons toys.

Im starting in the next couple months buying in the furniture because Jackson will also need a new bed so, itll cost a wee bit time we get it done.

xxxx

I painted the spare room yellow when we moved in a year ago in anticipation. I no longer like the colour and as we know what we're having I've decided on pink striped wallpaper which I've already bought.
Plasterer is coming to do the ceiling next weekend, and husband is moving stuff up to the attic as I type. He only gets one day off a week so it's been a slow process (currently it's being used to house snakes and creepy crawlies which are going up to the attic!).

I've already bought and painted the nursery furniture so it's just getting everything out and decorating really.

We just moved last summer and will put the nursery in the one room that isn't finished yet. We still have the light grey furniture from our son. He will get a new bed and cupboard next month for his birthday.
We just finished taking of the horrible paper (black, red and bright green, one colour per wall in a small room) today. Next thing, my husband will fix the electricity there so it's safe to put on the lights. We'll probably paint it in a soft yellow or green colour. We had owl themed wall stickers for DS and have changed them for dinosaurs now he likes them a lot. Maybe we'll reuse the owls for number 2. After this we're doing the garden in spring so it has to be finished by end of March!

Aww im jealous of people with room for a nursery! With my DD I still lived at home so she shared my room til she was 2 then I moved out into my first flat, we have moved now but still only a 2 bed!

However, I did redecorate my DDs room the other day, I went for mint green and her accessories are white and pink. I got lovely grey/silver carpet laid which is GORGEOUS and a white mahooooosive wardrobe from ikea that has all toy storage and clothes for baby and Sofia in it. So if I do end up having a boy, it wouldn't be the end of the world. it is only the blind that is pink and a picture that we have hung is white and pink lol... I plan on getting a nice smart white bunkbed too eventually when baby is big enough to go into a single bed.

So I shall be purchasing a cot soon, then placing it in my bedroom! That is as far as my nursery planning goes lol.
I love everyone's ideas! All your nurseries are going to be gorgeous :D xx

I've started decluttering our spare room which we will use as the nursery. I love a winnie the pooh theme or woodland but will probably wait until we've found out gender before planning properly. Furniture is going to be grey though I know that x

I've started decluttering our spare room which we will use as the nursery. I love a winnie the pooh theme or woodland but will probably wait until we've found out gender before planning properly. Furniture is going to be grey though I know that x

I really loved the idea of a big tree mural with woodlands animals and a lot of rabbits! I just knew we'd never get round to painting something like that though, and it would probably turn out rubbish

http://www.muraldesign.co.uk/woodland-mural-painted-for-a-nursery-in-london/

I really loved the idea of a big tree mural with woodlands animals and a lot of rabbits! I just knew we'd never get round to painting something like that though, and it would probably turn out rubbish

http://www.muraldesign.co.uk/woodland-mural-painted-for-a-nursery-in-london/

Oh wow, that's amazing!

Last year we converted a room downstairs into a utility/pantry/boot room and the carpenter who designed/built it all was chatting away and I found out he's actually an artist in his spare time and has done wall murals before. He showed me his work and it was amazing. I'm going to float the idea past DH of having one in the nursery but we're on a budget and really don't know what his prices are like (v. expensive I would imagine) x

I got a lovely tree mural type thing off ebay wall sticker! That was for when sofia had a room when we lived at my mums, it was so cute! xx

I quite like the wall stickers but be wary because i ordered a tree one for my livingroom and it comes in alot of parts that ou need to stick on which can be quite tricky doing alone.

Ofcourse having a nice painted mural would be easier if someone did it though thats good of that type of thing.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back