The most terrible experience

So08dnd

Reaction score
I was around 5 weeks pregnant and attended a&e with pains to my left side. I was scanned and told I had an ectopic pregnancy. My hcg was at 1350 and progesterone at 56. I was concerned that these levels were high for an ectopic pregnancy but the doctors said they were certain and needed to operate to remove it.

I went into surgery the following day and when I came out they advised that there was no ectopic, but they had found a corpus luteum cyst. They could not confirm if I was still pregnant or not.
They took my bloods the following day and said my hcg has dropped by a third and I was miscarrying. I have had no bleeding and am wondering if there is any chance at all i could still be pregnant? I know the chances are probably very slim and maybe I am just clinging onto some hope as I'm finding it all very difficult. Have this aching in my chest which won't subside. The not known is making things worse, was the pregnancy healthy and the surgery has caused this? Wishing I never attended a&e!

Any advice much appreciated

Hey, so sorry to read this xx really sorry but I don't have any experience about eptopic pregnancy but I didn't want to read and run xxx

I wish you all the best, take care xxxx

I'm sorry you have been through such a tough time. Don't blame yourself you did what you thought was best. It could be very dangerous (fatal even) if you ignored the signs of an ectopic pregnancy so you did the right thing.

Not bleeding is a good sign. Finger crossed for you.

I agree with snowbee, you did do the right thing Hun and you went with medical advice, so please don't beat yourself up! I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you're feeling much better soon xx

Thank you everyone. I am quite sure they are right and I am miscarrying but miracles do happen and I won't completely give up hope until I get my next lot of bloods. I have learnt from this experience it's so important to trust your instincts and I never should have allowed them to operate on me without a second scan and further blood test. I really hope I have also made people on here aware that the professionals can be wrong and if it doesn't feel right you should challenge them. If I had I may not be in this situation now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back