The moment you found out, and obvious early signs that you didn't notice

Laura1992

Reaction score
Just for fun, I was wondering..

1. What the early signs were, that you look back in retrospect and go "oh yeah!", but at the time you didn't know you were pregnant yet.

Last week, OH bought me fruit and nut cadbury's chocolate bar. I decided to be very restrained, and put it in the fridge all night so it would be nice and crunchy in the morning. I told him not to touch it (he's a night-time fridge raider)!

Next morning, I woke up early and immediately remembered the lovely cold, crunchy chocolate waiting for me. I got out of bed and went to get it (no shame) and half the bar was gone! I flew into rage and stormed into the bedroom, throwing the half bar onto the bed and demanding to know what on earth he was thinking, and how disrespectful he was etc etc. I basically had a toddler tantrum melt down - poor guy was only half awake.

2. Was there a moment when you stopped in your tracks and you thought "I'm pregnant"?

We weren't ttc, and I had no thought of being pregnant in my mind. I had/have been exceptionally moody and tired, but thought little of it and was sure AF would be along soon. It wasn't until I got into the shower and my boobs killed to touch that I literally froze and knew that I was pregnant. We got a test right away and confirmed this. This was yesterday, and I am still reeling from it.

Looking forward to reading your stories!

1. I had headaches but like a 3 day long one and twinges.

2. Sore boobies made me me go ' ohhhhh!' Haha

xxxx

I'm no fun as I knew I was pregnant before I tested. I had implantation cramps so it gave the game away!

But very much like you I had a tantrum over a kit Kat! Haha

I had been craving one for days (I was around 7 weeks) I finally bought a kit Kat crunchy and sat down to eat it. Weird I know, but I like to bite the chocolate off and then eat the wafer separate as that's my favourite bit.
I had just bitten the chocolate of and my partner leant over and ate half of the wafer. I was livid! I started crying and everything! Hahaha xx

Sorry I've not had my BFP yet but I'm giggling away at these melt downs over food, specifically chocolate! I've had tantrums over my husband helping himself to my food and I've created a scene before so God help him when I am pregnant!

Hahaha Slb24 that's awful of him! I'd be pissed off about that even if not pregnant haha

I was pretty furious! Lol I can laugh about it now though! Lol I can't stand it in general but I had been craving it for days and wanted to savour it lol
Xx

If my husband ate my bar of Choc if have that wobbler without being pregnant lol, I think my signs were tiredness and extra saliva

Last edited:
Sore boobs, headaches, nausea & a heightened sense of smell for me X

1. I was making an effort to get more exercise because I'd been really lazy for months. Hubby and I went out into the garden to play some badminton. Just the effort of swinging the bat was exhausting. Within about 15 minutes I was gasping for breath and seeing little spots in front of my eyes. Then I nearly blacked out. I pushed on, I just thought I was so out of shape! When I nearly passed out again I had to admit defeat and quit.

2. Nope. We had stopped TTC so I could take some medication for a while. Having been trying unsuccessfully for 18 months, it was actually a relief to stop. Both hubby and I weren't all that interested in the deed, and in 3 months we dtd just once, and we were lax and didn't use protection. AF 2 days late... I shrugged it off, it could often be 2 days either side. AF 5 days later - what the heck is wrong with my cycle? Must be the damn meds I'm on. I took a pregnancy test only because I knew if I went to the doc complaining that the meds he gave me were messing with my cycle, the first question he'd ask was 'could you be pregnant?'. Fully expected BFN. Went into a state of shock at the BFP.

Sammielou that's actually lovely when u get the surprise one! With my son we had been trying for about a year, on a flipping timetable nothing happened, did it one time in a month and boom...baby lol

I was on my way to work and suddenly felt very nauseous out of the blue. I never have nausea (except when pregnant!) so I thought that's strange and started thinking about what I had eaten the previous day....then suddenly it hit me that I might be a couple of days late..went into work checked my diary and thought oh shit lol (this is our 4th and a BIG surprise!) Excited about it now though! Xx

I had loads of things that now I'm saying oh...... firstly we weren't ttc we have been together 11 years and have never been careful and it never happened we kinda just thought it wouldn't happen.

1. I don't generally drink but I'd I'm away I LOVE a cocktail. I was in canada for 2 weeks and every cocktail I ordered I didn't drink. They all tasted disgusting to me.
2. I was peeing constantly being diabeticI am used to this but this peeing was crazy.
3. The pan cupboard was not put away correctly this caused shouting screaming and crying. I'm not normally like that
3. My boobs. The pain ......
4. I had what I thought was the Worst jetlag ever I couldn't stay awake

One day realised I was 26 days late. Still just thought it was down to the travelling etc. Oh no... it was a bfp lol

I had loads of things that now I'm saying oh...... firstly we weren't ttc we have been together 11 years and have never been careful and it never happened we kinda just thought it wouldn't happen.

1. I don't generally drink but I'd I'm away I LOVE a cocktail. I was in canada for 2 weeks and every cocktail I ordered I didn't drink. They all tasted disgusting to me.
2. I was peeing constantly being diabeticI am used to this but this peeing was crazy.
3. The pan cupboard was not put away correctly this caused shouting screaming and crying. I'm not normally like that
3. My boobs. The pain ......
4. I had what I thought was the Worst jetlag ever I couldn't stay awake

One day realised I was 26 days late. Still just thought it was down to the travelling etc. Oh no... it was a bfp lol

For me it's mainly been cramps, really bad cramps. I usually get pretty bad pms, but this time it was just crazy. I didn't even know cramps is a sign of pregnancy so never made the connection. And then my breasts got really sore. BF immediately went "you're pregnant", but I was so convinced I would have a hard time, that I just couldn't believe we managed in the first try. Still in shock. But I guess now I know why I basically passed out when coming back from the pub last week, and then slept fourteen hours straight the night after. :)

1) I never had any symptoms of being pregnant at all!

2) I didn't think I was pregnant (due to irregular periods and PCOS along with TTC for 2 year) but since I hadn't had a period since December and it was mid March (i think) I just decided to pick up a test in tesco and nearly died when I seen a faint second line haha!!

I had implantation cramping, a bad back and quite a few dizzy spells before my BFP. I also had a few hot flushes and generally felt a bit weird. We had been trying, but I had given up temping etc and I was on day 68 of my cycle when we actually conceived, so I was just (not so patiently) waiting for my period and another chance to try!

I think when I did the test I was fairly confident it would be positive, I just had a feeling... Xxx

i had back pains , just twice, but I couldnt do dishes.
I want to eat salad, a lot (the have a lot of folic acid - might be a reason)
and baby brain.
We tried 3 cycles and in 4 i was traveling so we didnt "try" properly, and tadam surprise..:)

1. Symptoms I should have picked up on was hot flushes, sore boobs, dizziness and so so emotional, I kept crying at work! I never cry in public haha.

2. I realised when a colleague took me to the side and asked me if I was pregnant! I told her no straight away but inside I was like......of course! After 2 years of trying, this cycle we've been more relaxed and boom! I can't believe I didn't spot the signs!

I just realised another sign. I didn't get my usual "period spots". My skin always gets a lot more greasy when my period is approaching, and since I'm kind of obsessed about it I always check the mirror whenever I'm on the bathroom. This time however, not a single one.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I just realised another sign. I didn't get my usual "period spots". My skin always gets a lot more greasy when my period is approaching, and since I'm kind of obsessed about it I always check the mirror whenever I'm on the bathroom. This time however, not a single one.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Ah of course! I didn't get mine either or my normal 'build up to period' but didn't think once that I could be pregnant - just thought I'd got lucky with not having my usual month aches and agros haha xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back