The MIL

Tillytots

Reaction score
K, so what are your thoughts on the MIL?

I answered yes she's lovely. She really is, Im very lucky. Im sure we'll have some disagreements along the way but she's not meddling or interfering in anyway and lets us get on with things but I know she's always there if we need her :D

Iv been goin out with her son for 5yrs and when we got pg and OH couldnt handle the thought of bein a dad she gave him a bollocking and said 'grow some balls and get on with it' lmao

She took me in when I was 6mths pg after my mum threw me out, let us live with her and FIL til we got our own flat and is always invitin us over, lendin us cash if we need it etc and is fab with Jamie so I have no complaints - not like some of u lot who have dragons for MILs lol

She is def like a proper mum to me :D

Only met her once as DH didn't get on with her - she died last year. TBH she was a bit horrible and completely unmaternal - so I would never have had any fear of her interfering

i'm not being v kind to my MIL at the moment :( she's alright, nothing to complain about at all, and really, if i'm honest with myself, most people would love to have someone like her as a MIL. but my mum died last year, and MIL is nothing like her whatsoever - MIL and FIL are very different people to my parents and my parents friends... its hard to explain without sounding horrible... they just have very different views on things and it isn't the way i was brought up and i don't necessarily agree with their thoughts/actions...

when MIL gets all excited about her first grandchild and tries to tell me about when she was pregnant with OH and his siblings, i can't help but think "you're not my mum" and i just shut off - i'm just not interested in hearing any of it. i don't want her advice or her stories about pregnancy/birth - none of its her fault really. she's just not my mum. i wish i could be kinder and let her be excited around me, but i can't do it. :( :(

mine is really annoying, she isnt horrible just interfearing which really annoys me!! its my baby and i want to do it my way!!!!OH's sister had a baby last year and she rang her every 4hours to check she had fed the baby!!! :shock: im dreading her being anything like that with me!!!!

WHO?

:lol: my OH drifted away from his parents just before we got together, he said they totally controlled what he did and it ended in a big arguement and they'v not really spoken since! i used to try and get him to speak to them but it ended up in arguements so i stopped! thing is they have NEVER tried gettin in touch with him, so i send a christmas card every year and thats it! my in-laws are a weird bunch! i couldnt do that to my son just because he asked them to stop telling him what to do - he was bloody 21 then!

My MIL is kind, wellmeaning and best of all........

lives 100 miles away :twisted:

I voted lovely because- well she really is :D

When me and OH got together 11 years ago I was 17 and getting on with parents was so uncool lol

She is very different to my mum who is very out spoken and unconventional, where as MIL does everything proper and is very traditional (even dresses up in 'sunday best' every sunday hehe) etc. I find myself tending to have more traditional values as I get older so I guess I look to her in that as my upbringing was far from traditional. My mum lives in London and I in Nottingham, MIL lives local to us so I guess I see her as a bit of a mother figure. She did so much for me when I was pregnant and when Jake was a newborn, she even offered to accompany me when I had my cat put to sleep because she knew I wouldnt be able to cope alone.

I said lovely - and she is, but the fact that she lives in UK and I live in Spain is probably a positive factor!

8) Lisa

I havent voted any of the options because none of them fit my situation. I have love for my MIL but we arent great friends as such because we live so far apart and also her and my OH don't always get along and obviously my loyalties lay with my OH.

I'd rather not comment on it further :wink:

i have bit my toungue so many times its a wonder i can talk LOL

she is my DH's mom and my sons grandma thats what i keep in my mind

Mines lovely but I don't see that much of her. I suppose if we seen her often she might get annoying but we only see her once a month or even less and I get on with her well when she visits.

Go see my post in the Adult section... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

My MIL is great she's not interfering what so ever... nope... she hasn't interfered once in my entire pregnancy... or anything along those lines... Not sure if it's a good thing or not... although she did originally want grandkids... :roll:

I dont know :lol:

Ive met her twice but she can only say "hello, are you alright?" in english and thats it....though she has a lovely sweet demeanor about her so im sure she is lovely, id love to get to know her better but theres a big cultural/language barrier :cry:

I hate mine....shes a big fat troll!!!

Iv tried so hard to get on with her....well not anymore!
I just dont go round to see her when DH does.
Noone will ever be good enough for her boys!

Hate her! Have complained about her just a few times on here :lol: She's seriously evil!

I love mine to bits :cheer:

Especially since I don't have a mumeeeee of my own any more :cry: it is really important that we get on. OH is an only child so it could have been difficult but she's been great right from the start.

In fact OH says I get on better with his parents than he does :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back