the long wait

s

Reaction score
Did it drive anyone else crazy?
I'm at 6 weeks (well 6 weeks tomorrow) and I just want to get to week 12 so I can tell people and feel more assured the baby is okay. I had a sharp pain on the train home tonight. It lasted a second (is this normal by the way?). It was on my left side. I worried a little so checked my breasts when I got home to see if they were still sore so I knew I was still pregnant. Well I banged and prodded so much they're now sore! I'm wearing a different bra today so I think there are more comfortable and not as painful as before but I was immediately paranoid that I was no longer pregnant.
How can I cope with 6 more weeks of this and to be the point how can my husband? We will be divorced before the time comes around.
so are you all feeling twinges and pains? Please reassure me.
S

It's the longest 6 weeks ever isnt it!! I had some spotting as well in early pregnancy which turned out to be nothing. And the constant twinges drive you mad with worry, but try not too stress to much. If you ever feel really worried contact your doctor or midwife for advice and support. All I can say is relax, if your not well then dont go to work and rest and make hubby help around the house. :)

Hi s, for the last few days I've been getting really sharp twinges (only one a day though, not in constant pain), lasting a few seconds. Apparently, it's nothing to worry about, they are just stretching pains.
I've looked on the web and asked my best mate (who's had 2 kids) who said she had them and not to worry.

So, don't panic! We're normal! Although, nothing stops you from worring does it! :D
Come on week 12! :lol:

xx

Hi S,

It is a really anxious time. Once you get to the 8 week mark it does start to feel as though time is going a bit quicker.

I've been so surprised by all the pains/cramps and niggly twinges I've been feeling but there's so much going on inside your body it's bound to cause all these things.

It's definitely normal but as the others have said, if in doubt contact your GP/midwife.

Before you know it you'll be at your 12 week mark, I promise.

Hello s,

It seemed to take forever for me too and I put it down to the fact that I just knew so early that I was pregnant this time (about 3 weeks even though the tests wouldn't show positive!) When I was pregnant with my son it wasn't planned and I didn't find out until 7 weeks so because we were in shock (literally all it took was a mistake the once!) etc it all seemed to go so much quicker!

Even now I feel like i've been pregnant forever and it only just under 13 weeks! I can't wait to meet my little one though!

Don't worry too much about the twinges. If there happens to be something not right you will just know. Women are very clever at these things i'm sure you've worked out by now!

Anyway, good luck and focus on making the most of the early stages where you still have your figure and sanity (well apparently some do anyway!)

Tan xx

Hi S

I think we are due about the same time, and Yes, I am also having the same thoughts. Wishing the next 6 weeks away..... I have the odd stabbing pain in the lower right, which is the side I had ovulation pains, but it seems to be when I stretch, strain, or move funny. So I'm trying to put it down to the baby just letting me know he/she is there and not to forget and do more than I should!!

The thing to focus on is how you feel now. For me, I am exhausted, but get insomnia between 1am and 3am most nights, I've had a constant headache for the past week, I'm running to the loo every hour day and night, I never thought my boobs could hurt so much, and I burst into tears or scream all the while!! Although all of these things are not nice symptoms, they are definitely pregnancy symptoms. As Tan said, we are very clever at these things, and you would know if there was something wrong.

Do you have your first scan date yet?

Hi everyone,

S your pains are definitely normal, alot of twinges are similar to ovulatory type pains and it is usually the cysts releasing hormones so it is perfectly normal throughout the first trimester until the placenta takes over... during my pregnancy in July I had lots of stabbing pains left and right ovarian area around 5- 7 weeks and they always told me it was the hormones being released.. when I miscarried the pains were cramps like contractions.. very very painful and very obviously wrong so please don't worry.. This time round I have not had so many niggles but when i do they are on the right side which is where this lucky egg was released from.. lots of things are happening in there so don't worry about the niggles.. its normal to be paranoid and I am sure your OH understands.

Tankett... your symptoms sound text book.. I still have insomnia 2-4am and peeing all the time, swollen [but not sore anymore thank god!] boobs and still exhaused and emotional all the time.. oh and the backaches have started. Just wait for the nausea.. hhmm thats not so nice!!!!!

take care xxxxx

I've had nausea for about 2 weeks now!!! :( Not actually been sick yet, but I think I may be if I have to eat any more ginger nuts. :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Tankett... yeah it started for me as soon as had my BFP but only when hungry.. now its almost all day from around 8 am to 8pm!!

To be honest Ginger nuts don't help me at all.. I find a couple of glasses of milk first thing in am help me more than any carbohydrates although i am craving toast or ryvitas with marmite alot now.. I love the brown smelly stuff anyway so not too upset about it yet!!

The most infuriating thing is that I am hungry all the time but have no apetite when I see food in front of me and can never decide what to eat as just don't fancy anything except marmite or cheese!! :roll:
Yesterday I found some dairylea triangles in my mothers fridge so I ate 5 of them... yummy!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. I'm with you on the aching boobs, insomnia - even though I go to bed at 8 or 9 - and I had a lot of back ache today. I was all over the place today at work. I'm supposed to go out with a friend tomorrow night and cancelled because I feel so overwhelmed with tiredness. I then changed my mind on the way home as I started to feel guilty and am now going but I won't stay out late. I'm up/down all the time and so tired.
Let's keep each other sane.
No date yet for a scan. I couldn't get a doc appointment until next week. I think I'm seven weeks then.
Wish the time would go faster!
S
PS Sorry that you miscarried Annemarie. How many weeks were you pregnant? It must have been awfully upsetting for you.
PSS wonder why I always feel stuff on the left side and you guys have your twinges on the right?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back