The Long Cycle Club

MissJuliet

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a club for those of us that have a long cycle for whatever reason. This means more waiting for us, and less chances to ttc which makes things harder. I'm currently on day 45 no sign of AF and got BFN. I actually want AF to arrive to I can start ttc again.

Last edited:
Hiya :)

I'm currently on clomid, which is making my cycles about 31-32 days but normally my cycles range from 23 days to over 100. Just to give you some hope, I've had two pregnancies even with my long cycles, first I ovd on CD69 and the second I ovd on day 79. I did mc both but my consultant says that is unrelated to cycle length.

That's good to hear you still ovulate. I think I ovulated on day 19 this cycle as I got a positive opk but I'm now under gynaecology to have everything checked out to make sure I'm definitely ovulating. I'm jealous of people with shorter cycles as there's less time to wait before each attempt x

I know it sucks doesn't it. I don't always ov, so I have to do a load of opks to see if I'm in with a shout or not. I shouldn't bother really and just wait it out.

Me me me lol. I use to have 30ish day ones when I was younger but a few years back they started getting longer and more painful. I now take thyroxine as I have an under active thyroid but I think it's something else.

They sometimes average around 36/37 days but saying that they can be really erratic so I don't think I can even average them anymore. Last month was 57 days (I haven't had anything like that since I miscarried) and a few months back I had my first 32 day in years.

It's really frustrating and I'm not sure if I ovulate as I can never get a 21 day test as I keep missing it :(. Wish I had shorter ones now we're trying.

Last edited:
Yeah my gynaecologist wanted me to have a blood test the week before my period..... trouble is I don't know when that is!

Hello! since having the implant taken out last June, my cycles are irregular and long! Last cycle was around 55 days! I went to the doctors, got bloods done which came back normal. I used OPKs from the day I finished my last period to see if I ovulated (thought I wasn't) and to my surprise I did on cd 21! Currently on cd 30 and praying this cycle isn't going to be as long

X

Yeah my gynaecologist wanted me to have a blood test the week before my period..... trouble is I don't know when that is!

Yeh I've had two of those now but they told me not to bother until the clinic sees me. It's so frustrating as it probably puts more pressure on you with the worry.

You can check if you're ovulating by BBT every month, although you need to be doing it around 3/4 months to get a rough idea of your temperature I'd think.

Last edited:

I had loads of trouble getting my bloods done on the correct day. The only way we managed it in the end was for me to opk a whole cycle and then go 8 days after getting a positive.

Finally AF came after 55 days. Never been so pleased to see her!

I'm currently on day 48 aargh it's so frustrating, still haven't ovulated this cycle. My last cycle was 3 months long. Do you know the reasons for the long cycles. Mine are that I have high fsh levels. I'm so lucky to have my little 8 month old daughter. We were given a 5% of it happening naturally in 2 years. x

I don't know yet. Hopefully my gynaecologist will find out after my testing. I hope you ovulate soon xxx

Good luck, hope you get answers, thanks x

I had my hsg test to check my tubes today and they're all fine. So pleased x

Day 57 and nothing. Good luck to everyone else!

Great news miss Juliet, still waiting here, currently day 60. Aargh. Still don't think I've ovulated, if my last cycle helps hoping it'll happen within next couple of weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back