The latest reason of massive tantrums...

Hope81

Reaction score
Reading books...she loves them and knows all if them. She turns the pages and the moment we are at the last page she starts crying heartbreaking tears because the book finished :(
We are doing that all day long today!!!
I distract her with sth else she gets a book and comes to me to read it to her...
Oh my days what's that obsession now lol :( I can't even hide the books as she goes around crying until finds one...

Days like that I wish she would watch tv lol.

Any other babies around with weird obsessions and what do you do with them,??
Maybe I just get her out in the storm to forget about them lol

Oh she is a bright girl hu. Clever and so pretty. Imagine the teenage years?!!!

Daisy Grace is obsessed with looking at herself on my phone. I have the galaxy note 2 and its perfect for her to hold. If I show her a pic of something not her she looks as if im dumb. Then I show her. She recognises herself and beams, shakes and squeels. Take it away and you would think I had nipped her in the arm. Her screams would shatter glass. Shes also becoming the same way with my new glasses. I say no and she shakes her head. I ask her what does mummy say, and she shakes her head for no. She knows what no means and can use it in the appropriate times.

Pair of divas xxxx
tapatalking

Oh we have meltdowns at everything, but A is approaching terrible 2s.
So, we like books too. He particularly likes In The Night Garden ones.
He is obsessed with asking about characters ( or pictures in any book).
If you dont get it right the first time, he just looks at you, second time.you get a death stare, third time he starts screaming.
My poor DH was passing a building site (i go past it too and we always look at diggers) and when he didnt get the word right (cause it was a different language), he had a serious meltdown.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Mia only has a tantrum if she wants something she can't have! When we were on holiday last week I let her have a taste of my cornetto but she got frustrated so I went to bite a bit of ice cream off for her and she had a proper strop, squealed, grabbed it and shoved in in her mouth! She loves ice cream!!!

K has tantrums when you either take something off him or you won't let him have something he wants. He screams and shoulda his breath!!
I'm also getting a bit fed up of him pinching and scratching my face- he stopped for a while and has started again, when I say no he just laughs at me. I don't know how to stop it :-( xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No tantrums at weird things but tantrums when he can't get his own way, nappy changes and getting him dressed! Little monkeys xx

It's a good obsession to have... Harry is just obsessed with things he's not allowed to have like keys, handbags etc. She's obviously going to be a clever girl, who takes after her mummy :) xx

Wow she's a clever little thing isn't she! Meri is just obsessed with my phone and the tv remote. Neither of which I let her have. But if she goes for them and I move them all hell breaks loose! Doesn't work though I stick to my guns! She had also started throwing a strop everytime I put her on her changing table! Strange girl.

Don't knock books! DD 1 loves them and when she hit the age where she had to be entertained all the time they were great! Yes you get absolutly nothing done but its a very easy way of entertaining them. Plus if you are ever thinking of having a second we do feeds where we all sit on the sofa and she brings me books to read.

Plus while the HV was round checking up on DD 2 she mentioned that DD1 had the language abilities of a 3 year old in terms of constructing sentances etc - she put it down to the millions of stories that we have read her.

Take her to the library - they are fantastic for wee kids nowadays as well. Great way of entertaining them for free/ rainy days

Ah, that's so cute. Tilly has LOVED books from early on too, and turns pages like Amelie. Luckily she doesn't have a meltdown when they are over. Her attention span is too short. She definitely has her favourites, though. I love how good she is with her hands, reading them by herself. Must be annoying that Amelie is so upset when they finish, but at least she's loving the books. You could probably spend all day in the library... xxx

Yep haha we could probably both spend the whole day in the library!!! Of we bloody had one near us :(

Karen i almost fell of the chair a couple of weeks ago when I realized she knew the books.
For example we have a book that you have to turn the pages the opposite way than normal first and then the normal way (sort of double pages) and I realized that she was turning the pages in the correct order to reveal the story while in other books she dosent try to turn the pages backwards.
Good luck that I love books I suppose...

We have 15 baby books (more in the post) and we read all of them about 10 times per day...

I would love to hear what books your little ones like to see maybe I get more ideas lol.

I know what you mean about the 'double' pages. Tilly has one like that and she loves it too.

She likes 'Where's Spot' and 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar'. She also likes 'Dear Zoo'. Anything really... but those are classics. I take her to the library for new books nearly every week so we have lots of new ones to look at. Shame you don't have one near you.
xxx

We have lots of books - the very busy spider, gruffalo, hairy mclary series, in the night garden, bear at home, book about kittens, alphabet and numbers one (in both languages). I get tortured on daily basis lol

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Ah new books for me to order ha ha!

We subscribed in a book monthly thing when she was born. (In Norwegian)
Every month they send us age appropriate books for her (a couple of them).
On top of that we have a bunch in English language: where is spot, fear zoo, busy airport, busy farm are some of them (for now she only likes books with actions like to lift a flap etc she dosent have the patience for me to read her a story, does that sound normal?)
We also have a bunch in Greek language
She already has a bookshelf full of books that comes in perfect harmony with the zillions of books that we have already haha...

In had to share. A new book arrived for Amelie today at the post.

No bed without Ted. She went crazy, we are already at read 4 ad it arrived 30 min ago

Well mine is a bit older and was given someone else's book collection so we have hundreds, 2 bookcases worth, and I know them all off by heart. Anything by Julia Donaldson is a winner, I'm partial to a bit if stick man myself!

Ah, I'd love it if Harry was as into books as Amelie is :) xx

We love books too. I bought a box set of Beatrix Potter books for diva yesterday. I loved them as a child and hoped she would too. I started the collection when people gave her money for her naming ceremony (and donated the rest to charity as she needed nothing!). They are for older kids but they are timeless clasics. Maybe read something longer to her. What about audio books? A friend of mine used to put tapes on for her 3 when they went to bed with stories to listen to. When they were very little they had books that went along with the audio book and they loved that. Xxx

tapatalking

Toby likes books - well ripping pages out of them! He's a nightmare.

Although he does like Dear Zoo, Each Peach Pear Plum and Peepo.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back