the internt is evil

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by mummy2b19, Jul 23, 2013.

1. mummy2b19

mummy2b19 Well-Known Member

ive always used the baby centre website for silly things like how what fruit is my baby this week sort of thing but today i was searching old wives tales for bringing on labour not only did it suggest caster oil which was be dangerous as it makes baby poo but it gave a herbal remidy that was cause birth complications why would you advertise these things no doubt some poor woman will take these things un awear of the risks it could cause.

2. Mommyto3

Mommyto3 Well-Known Member

I agree totally, if the wrong site is used not only is a lot of the information false but dangerous too!!! :-/ hope labour comes soon for you. Good luck :) x

3. vixi_marie

vixi_marie Well-Known Member

I agree! I also think google can be your worst enemy when you have random symptoms, I have learnt not to google otherwise you just end up thinking the worst!

4. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Very worrying its so hard these days to be sure of what is safe and not too x

5. BKR123

BKR123 Well-Known Member

I do this all the time! It usually tells me that I'm going to like explode or something, my boyfriend gets really mad at me for coming out wiht stupid things I've read online! It can be so dangerous though, I followed a link yesterday and it was saying that to bring on labour you should perform your own sweep - some people might actualy do this! It could go so wrong :(