The home straight

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
I'm feeling quite emotional ... It's about time to hang up my pump.

Aaron has started to lose interest in milk and I have 90 7oz feeds in the freezer :shock:

I'm only expressing twice a day now - morning and night.

I need to cut down again, but not really sure how to go about it? Do I

A) cut down on the amount of time I'm expressing at each session (currently 30 mins each sitting)
B) cut out one session completely (worried about enforcement though)
C) gradually push my expressing time back a bit until I stop it - e.g wait till 10am to express
D) something else I haven't thought of

I'm both excited and terrified of stopping! What f my freezer packs in :shock: also I've come to associate oz's of milk with a sense of achievement.

I also like saying Im bfing - which I don't think I will be able to any more

I'm also going to miss my boobs! Lol. I've gone from an a A cup to a DD!

I'm so excited at the prospect of making it to a year though!

Tapatalking!

Not really got any advice on stopping but just wanted to say a massive well done on feeding for so long. I know you've had ups and downs but you deserve to be so proud of yourself :) x

I was able to just cut out my evening express as I was hardly producing anything anyway and as you know evening is when milk supply is lowest.

Then I expressed on a morning only for one week. I told myself I would do it if my boobs felt full or hurt. But they didn't one morning, so I stopped that one too.

I don't know how much milk you are producing per session, but if its anything more than 3/4oz combined from both boobs I would start by cutting down on the time first. It took me 6 weeks to go from 35oz to nothing.

Good luck and well done on your achievement.

I haven't expressed yet today, feel ok with it.

I've gradually been cutting down feeds - with 2 a day I was probably getting 15-20oz

Boobs don't feel full yet - but if they do ill stick them on the pump for 10 mins!

I had a lie in this morning and it was fabulous!

Tapatalking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back