The HEAT!!

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by brand new, Jul 13, 2013.

1. brand new

brand new Well-Known Member

Right I know I shouldnt moan as its glorious weather but............ Jack is still in our room and the current temperature of our bedroom is 26 degrees !!! It's 11.30pm!! We have a fan going full pelt. Jack is in a nappy and a 0.5tog sleeping bag! And he is still roasting . But he will not sleep without something over him in his Moses basket and I think this is the best I can do????? Golly I'm such a worrier! Anyone else struggling?? He has also been a real grumpy bum all day poor little mite!!! It's so hard being a mummy!! Xxx

#1 brand new, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  2. stargirl

stargirl Well-Known Member

We're really struggling tonight. I put H to bed in just a nappy and a muslin blanket over him. He woke just before half 12 for his first feed and was so hot! Burning hot! I was sweating too. He wouldn't settle for his feed. Even with the fan on so I have broken my own rule and brought him down stairs. The living room is the coolest room in the house so I am on the couch and H is in his chair - he's too big for his Moses basket now.

I like the sun, just not the heat - I really hope it begins to cool down soon. X

3. sophie_jane

sophie_jane Well-Known Member

I make sure I air the bedroom before bed. Make sure the bedroom door is open and the window of the room opposite to get a good wind tunnel going so it really exchanges the hot air for cool air. I also keep the blinds down all day so the sun can't get in.

@Stargirl
    If your LO is too big for his Moses basket, what does he sleep in in your room out of interest?

4. Becky1

Becky1 Well-Known Member

We were on 26 degrees last night too, now down to 24.9 :-( I get so got just holding JJ to feed. Hot weather supposed to last at least all week.

5. Leah04x

Leah04x Well-Known Member

I think that's all you can do hun! Ethan's room was 28 degrees last night and it took forever to settle him. I love this weather but cannot stand how hot it is at night! Xx

6. Les1504

Les1504 Well-Known Member

My lazy bum will sleep through in any temperature but it was 28 degrees in his room last night so he laid in his cot playing for about 2 hours before dropping off, rather than going straight to sleep like he usually does! He's just in a vest at the moment but if you're LO likes being covered up the advice above about using a muslin sounds good x