The HEAT!!

brand new

Reaction score
Right I know I shouldnt moan as its glorious weather but............ Jack is still in our room and the current temperature of our bedroom is 26 degrees !!! It's 11.30pm!! We have a fan going full pelt. Jack is in a nappy and a 0.5tog sleeping bag! And he is still roasting . But he will not sleep without something over him in his Moses basket and I think this is the best I can do????? Golly I'm such a worrier! Anyone else struggling?? He has also been a real grumpy bum all day poor little mite!!! It's so hard being a mummy!! Xxx

Last edited:
We're really struggling tonight. I put H to bed in just a nappy and a muslin blanket over him. He woke just before half 12 for his first feed and was so hot! Burning hot! I was sweating too. He wouldn't settle for his feed. Even with the fan on so I have broken my own rule and brought him down stairs. The living room is the coolest room in the house so I am on the couch and H is in his chair - he's too big for his Moses basket now.

I like the sun, just not the heat - I really hope it begins to cool down soon. X

I make sure I air the bedroom before bed. Make sure the bedroom door is open and the window of the room opposite to get a good wind tunnel going so it really exchanges the hot air for cool air. I also keep the blinds down all day so the sun can't get in.

@Stargirl
If your LO is too big for his Moses basket, what does he sleep in in your room out of interest?

We were on 26 degrees last night too, now down to 24.9 :-( I get so got just holding JJ to feed. Hot weather supposed to last at least all week.

I think that's all you can do hun! Ethan's room was 28 degrees last night and it took forever to settle him. I love this weather but cannot stand how hot it is at night! Xx

My lazy bum will sleep through in any temperature but it was 28 degrees in his room last night so he laid in his cot playing for about 2 hours before dropping off, rather than going straight to sleep like he usually does! He's just in a vest at the moment but if you're LO likes being covered up the advice above about using a muslin sounds good x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back