THE GOOD THING ABOUT NOT GETTING DRUNK!

hayley

Reaction score
I'm fed up being misserable because everyone around me is having a realy good time getting drunk! Lets make a list of the god points about NOT getting drunk - and cheer ourselves up.

1. the awful headache in the morning - opening one eye and feeling like your brain is going to fall out your ear...

2. the rottern run's - say no more!

3. the upset stomach - taking alka seltzer then throwing it back up...

4. spending far too much money... then lying in bed feeling crap.

5. worrying about what you may have said, done or spoke to.... "did i really tell that girl her hair looked like a birds nest or her dress could do with bining"

6. walking home in the cold - no taxi's - usually wearing open toe shoes.

7. what did i do with my hand bag... lying in bed and having a panick attack as you dn't remeber coming home with your hand bag... then finding it in the bathroom!

8. getting a ciggy burn in your new dress and you don't even smoke!

please feel free to add to the list...

x

I've surprised myself and I'm not missing alcohol one bit so it's not been so bad for me:

But the benefits of being tee-total are:

Not feeling crap the next day

Having a laugh watching merry people make fools of themselves. Me and my bean have had such a giggle at their expense.

Checking your mobile phone the next morning and realising that you rang your mates that weren't out with you at a ridiculous time and not knowing what you said to them if anything at all :D :D

I am not missing the actual drinking but am missing the involvement with the group, it's really difficult to actually join in with the swing of the night being stone cold sober, the jokes just aren't the same, dancing definately isn't the same and don't the nights just drag!! :(

What's everyone doing tomorrow night???

Xxx

I am really missing wine. I enjoy drinking a good wine. If i could find a non alcholic wine that tasted as good as the real stuff i would be so happy... I've tried a few - they taste awful. I'd prefer to drink plain apple juice... I used to have a glass almost every nite before I became pregnant! I don't drink to get drunk but i d enjoy a glass of chilled white or rose white.....

I do enjoy waking up thou after a nite out with the girls and having the whole day to do things... I usally wake up afetr a nite out - take a shower then sit on the couch feeling sorry for myself.. when i think of the days i've wasted....

New years eve i'm out with DH.. we're off to a nice spanish restaurant. It isn't to far from our home! I will be driving anyway! I know look more forward to thew good food rather than the good wine!

Enjoy new years eve everyone! Hope 2006 brings everything you wish for!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back