The end of breastfeeding - how much formula?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by Esperanza84, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Esperanza84

Esperanza84 Well-Known Member

My little girl is more interested in looking at stuff around her (the cats, the room) so bf is getting harder and harder. I know they say that they take what they need, but she barely bf anymore, so when she was sick I gave her some bottles during daytime and now I think this is the end of my breastfeeding days :(

Anyway, my question is, how much formula do you give your babies? I try to give her some water, she drinks a couple of sips, but not much. She is 7 months.

She gets porridge in the morning and in the evening, fruits and a hot meal (vegetables, meat, fish) during the day.

2. Me, My Girls & I

Me, My Girls & I Well-Known Member

I think mine were taking about 8oz at that stage, I'm pretty sure it was a full bottle! In fact, E had a bottle and then some! They're all different tho! And my memory's probs not that great any more :blush:

3. Princess81

Princess81 Well-Known Member

I think at that age they need roughly 20oz per day? X

4. BevG

BevG Well-Known Member

yeah its supposed to be 0 oz or about a pint? alyssa bf's about 3/4 times a day and drinks about 7/8 oz of juice

5. Esperanza84

Esperanza84 Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies! I Think I got it covered than!!:)