The dentist!

KeelyT90

Reaction score
I've been to the dentist today, I've had some pain since Sunday in my upper back tooth. I could have swore I had a hole or crack in it, it's constantly throbbing and bleeds when I brush it.
Anyway dentist checked all my teeth, all absolutely fine, BUT...... It's the gums, apparently very common in pregnancy to get inflamed gums. And the sickness won't have helped. I never had this last time.
They've given me some corsadyl and said that'll sort it.

Hiya. In my first pregnancy I suffered with bleeding gums my dentist said that is common during pregnancy...this time round I am suffering with extremely sensitive teeth! If I have a bar of chocolate I am in agony! I bought some toothpaste for sensitive teeth and it seems a lot better. I never have any issues with my teeth and I have never had a filling so it is a bit annoying the hormones now affect my teeth! Corsadyl is good for bleeding gums and if you suffer with mouth ulcers xx

It isn't great is it. I used the corsadyl before and got an instead relief for about 20 mins then the pain came back so il keep on with it and hopefully it'll clear up. Bloody hormones!! X

My gums are awful when I'm pregnant especially this time. They bleed and get swollen and sore. Apparently the hormones make them super sensitive to your teeth not being clean enough which makes sense to me because they are way better if I am extra careful about cleaning. Before bed I give them a quick brush with my electric toothbrush and toothpaste then I use a super soft toothbrush and spend 15 or 20 mins to finish brushing them very gently and thoroughly while I watch TV. Like that the soreness and bleeding has stopped but if I miss being as thorough for a couple of days they start bleeding again. I have never had problems with my gums when I wasn't pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back