The cold and looking after baby

liz85

Reaction score
Hello!!
I know I’m going to sound like an over protective mother here!! Something I swore I’d never be!!! But I’m going out tomorrow for my xmas dinner first time away from my 7 week old baby. Dad is taking care of him but dad is loaded with the cold!! Do I need to worry?? Iv kept his dad in a separate room last few nights as his cold is pretty heavy and I have packed him up with lots of fluid and vitamin c. I’m just a bit anxious as my baby is still very young and I know he needs to get these things to help immune system etc but I can’t help but worry. Lol

I know how you feel as I'm very over protective also. People think I'm ott but I'm just doing what I can, there's nothing wrong with us ott mums lol!
Hubby had a nasty cold when DS was around 5/6 months. I ended up with it too but DS had a mildly runny nose for 1 day and was totally fine. I couldn't believe me and hubby suffered with it badly for a week and DS was pretty much completely unaffected lol.
I exclusively breastfeed so pass on a lot of good stuff to DS which obviously helped his little immune system cope with it.
If you breastfeed I don't think you have much to worry about, but if you use formula just keep a close eye on DC if he does end up catching it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back