***** The big OBEM chat thread Jan 2013 ****

I'm in a flood of tears!

Last edited:
Just to reiterate ladies that there is a neonatal death on tonight's episode.

I plan to watch, I think the parents allowing it to be shown means they want to raise awareness so we can help by watching.

That said I just now watched last weeks episode and my God I blubbed my eyes out...James was napping in my arms and all I kept telling how much I love him.

On a slightly side note is it just me or do a lot of babies come out with the cords round their necks??? Nothing untoward has ever happened, the MW's just quickly untangle cord but it seems like every week there is at least one with the cord?? In the last episode it was the c-section AND the one with the quiet lady - she was bloody amazing btw!

xxxxxxxxx

Wish I'd read this before watching. Blubbing my eyes out now and so so tempted to go and wake William up for a cuddle!

So sad. But very brave to share there precious angel...xxx

Such such brave parents. That little boy will be so proud of his mummy and daddy! Only really special parents get an angel <3 xx

Oh how very true Simone! Those parents were so very brave!! Led in hospital watching this and the lady across from me started crying. That then started me off . They were both amazing ppl. X

Oh my goodness, was not prepared for that! The consultant (bald guy) was the same guy who looked after Solomon when he was on neo natal in Leeds, just brought it all back, but how lucky we are to have my precious little man. No one should have to go through that. Truly devastating. They were so brave!

Such a brave couple and what a gorgeous very special little boy. I sat sobbing and hugged Max that little bit tighter this morning. They've got a fb page they are asking people to 'like' and sign an e-petiton asking for more funding for research CDH, have just signed it myself xxx

im just watching it now, what a nice couple, i really cant beleive the outcome :-( im going to sign the petition, whats it called? x

I just watched last nights, i was managing to hold back the tears until the very end when his date pf birth came up, 26/7/12 olivias birth date. I think realizing that baby would have been the same age as O just broke me.

Those parents were so brave for sharing their story x

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Oh God I just watched, I was fine until the daddy started crying now im howling, they are so brave x

Just now finished watching!

I cry at every single birth so I knew this was going to be a sad one.

Oddly enough though by the end of the episode I'd stopped crying as I was totally blown away by how brave and dignified this poor couple were through the worst imaginable thing a parent can ever experience.

They were bloody amazing, I have nothing but pure respect for them.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
The part that got to me the most was the silence in the room when the baby was born. Obviously I knew the baby wouldn't cry, but was still expecting it to. I felt the silence was deafening. Also felt that the mum was listening out for that first cry and it never came.
I'm in awe of such a brave couple. I wouldn't have coped half as well.

I cried last night aswell. Kaidens parents we so brave for allowing us into their precious few days with their little boy. Amazing couple and after such an awful thing they are trying to raise awareness for everyone else! I couldn't do it and have so much respect for them.
I have joined the fb group and signed the petition for funding for research. Hope they reach the numbers they need xx

I just watched this episode on catch up. I blubbed at his birth and I blubbed when he was taken to special care but, like Carnat, by the end I had stopped. They were just such an amazing, brave couple that I only shed a few more tears when the "in memory" pic came up at the end. I am just amazed at there bravery x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back