The big 2013 diet/fitness thread!

Oh I forgot to say anyone can add me on my fitness pal I have the same username! You can add people on the app as that's what I use xxx

I'm gona give mfp another whirl I think, although it'll probs shout at me :blush: ill try and add you guys, but I don't think you can thru the app?

Rednursie, I measure around the biggest parts of my calf, thigh, biggest part around bum, hips, belly, waist, under boobs, boobs and top of arm! Probably a tad obsessive doing so many areas, but I'm really uneven where I lose and it helps to keep a record of it all!

I've been back on track-ish today! Had mini pizzas, sausage rolls and wedges for lunch :blush: but limited how many! Picked on a few chocolates during the day and this evening and had tomato soup with bread and Brie for tea! Feeling loads better for it, although the sausage rolls are still repeating! Very excited for getting properly on it! G announced earlier that I looked painfully thin in certain areas :shock: like around my collarbone type area! So although I know you can't do targeted weightloss, I need to try and target! Which makes no sense :lol: but hoping lots of ab work will hopefully do the trick!

I think you need to look more at what you are eating rather than calories etc. Eating more lean meats, fruit and veg and low GI carbs will be better for you. No processed foods etc.

Certainly "not eating" will not help, as your body will hold on to the fat deposits that it has.

And it does seem like more of a toning issue than a weight loss thing. If you are getting into a size 8 weightloss is not the thing you need to look at.

I've set myself a mini goal of getting "closer to" 11st and being a 12-14 (on bottom) and a 10-12 (on top) by hubbys birthday - 20th Feb.

Last weigh in I was 11st 13lb, so I think its doable - I'm not setting strict and specific targets, as I don't want to get discouraged if I don't meet them

I'm going for the slow and steady approach :lol:

I think I probs do just need to tone, but it all confuses me! I Spose as I tone I won't really lose any weight cos I'll build muscle, but I'll lose inches?! I'm at the stage where clothed I feel great, but naked I feel all flabby and stuff! Guess that's a sign I should just tone?! I've not been at this stage before so it's all new to me!

Tweety I do eat shit :blush: it's been a hard couple of months really and it's kinda been a case of just eating what's in the freezer/cupboards :blush: plus I just can't cook proper meals with E about! But defo going to make more of an effort on the new year as I'll have more child free time etc!

Slow and steady defo is the way! It's taken me a year to get to where I am and I'm more confident it'll stay off! I've lost weight previously (not as much mind) and gained it all back within about a month! But it's gone forever now!

I've only just spotted this thread...
COUNT ME IN !!!!!!
I sooo need to shift not only the extra poundage the Christmas belly and the festive bloat but also the excess weight I've been banging on about losing for donkeys years...
Weight watchers for me!!
Weigh in Wednesday.....
Come on girls we can do this..
Just got to get rid of all the Christmas food left laying around ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Whoop woop I'm excited :pompom: best start eating my way through the Christmas things before tues xx

Is everyone excited?! I've got butterflies! Not just for getting myself a decent body, but for the new year in general! Bought a kettlebell yesterday and did a workout last night! My god I ached! Woke up feeling fine and was all smug, but I can feel the tightness starting in my thighs now :( I could feel it working all the areas I need to tho!

My mfp app won't let me add anyone, so if anyone wants to add me, let me know and I can pm my username! Had a full English for brunch and having stew tonight! Was expecting to be well over calories, but I've got about 600 more to find :shock: wonder how many will ebe in my fizzy wine :lol:

tweetyfoo has hit the nail on the head MMG&I, it's not about volume, but about the types of foods you are eating.

Which is why I never put clients on calorie counting diets, if you feel hungry it's because your lacking nutrition rather than calories and you need to eat. Calorie counting diets often leave people nutrient depleted which results at some point in binge eating and the weight goes back on, occasionally in a hit but most often gradually.

Thanks hun! I really struggle with what to eat tbh! Before Xmas I was rarely hungry, to the extent where I was only wanting one meal a day and a couple of snacks :shock: which I knew wasn't healthy but just wasn't hungry! So one of the reasons I started tracking what I eat again is so I van actually see how much I've eaten :blush: if I'm eating when I'm hungry and eating reasonable food, does it matter if I'm under recommended calories? I know that probs sounds really stupid :lol: but if I exercise and end up on a big deficit will it be really bad for me?

It's most likely that you will get so hungry you'll end up having a scoff out before you end up too far deficient, but yes, being nutrient deficient is bad for you.

Calories are actually fairly pointless to be honest. You need to meet your protein, vitamin, mineral and fatty acid requirements first. You can do it eating under, smack on, or over you calorie intake and still loose weight. According to a calorie counter I need 1200 calories a day to maintain my ideal body weight, plus 500 for breast feeding is 1700, a quick tot up and I've averaged 2800 a day and I've already lost weight from Friday.

It Proper confuses me! Going to have to have a proper sit down and meal plan I think!

Just seen this girls! Please can I join you? I want to lose a hell of a lot of weight. Was overweight before getting pregnant and have put on 2 stone! Hardy any of the was when pregnant as I was sick every day for the full pregnancy but since then iv discovered food again. Ha ha.

I'm joining slimming world but can't get until the 7th jan. have to try and cut down from tomorrow though. Got a lot of work to do!

Think it will do me good to get on here and get some motivation from you all! And give you all some too of course!

Mmmm just found a snicker in the fridge. . Might eat it quick before midnight. Ha ha

I'm doing SW and BFing, you can do it while pregnant (it comes in the same book as bfing)

You basically get to eat as much healthy food as you like - lean meat, fruit, veg etc

Get healthy extras for dairy and healthy extras for cereal/bread

You get extra healthy extras when pregnant or bfing

Additional syns (about 200 cals worth) are allocated for naughty extras

:wave: spammy, it's so good to see so many of us in here! I'm all geared up today! Trying to think of healthy lunch ideas, I don't really like sandwiches cos I can't seem to eat that much bread, but want something quick and easy! OHs apparently on the wagon too, he's not dieting, but just not eating shit - can't see him lasting long tbh!

When everyones ready to start, if you give me details I can update the first post so we can see where we're all up to. Doesn't need to include your actual weight if you don't want, it can just be a target of how much you want to lose, how you're doing it etc!

I was 11st13 at last weigh in.

First target is 11st

Weigh in on Thursday

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Hi ladies, not really going to.lose weight but will limit weight gain as i dont want to be heavier than in first pregnancy.
I started mfp today so i can roughly keep.track of how much i am eating and limiting treats as well.
After birth it will be SW, we have agreed with DH as he is joining me too

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Well I have 34lb to loose and started Friday, weighed in ths morning and lost 4lb already!

Well I have been up with D&V all night. That should kick start the diet nicely! Ha.

First goal is the 2 stone I have put on. Then we will see if I want to lose any more.

Going to be doing slimming world and as much exercise as I can.

Will update as soon as I get 2 mins to do it properly! Willow that's an awesome loss :yay:

Spammy, hope you feel better soon!

I've decided to focus on inch loss and toning! Wanted to get some new scales yesterday with a body analyser, but hd to buy school shoes! There was a lovely pair that should have fitted her in the sale, but she's got chunky feet so we had to go up a size and ended up paying full startrite price!

First target is 2" off my tummy/hips and 1" off thighs! Waist wise I'll just see what happens cos it's quite small ATM anyway! Would have a lovely hour glass shape if I didn't hold so much in my lower tummy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back