The big 2013 diet/fitness thread!

Put 3lb on :( really went for it yesterday with a major binge.. on weigh in day too.. dunno why..
Idiot. Fresh start today.
Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Put 3lb on :( really went for it yesterday with a major binge.. on weigh in day too.. dunno why..
Idiot. Fresh start today.
Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

:hugs: today is a new day xxx

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

It was our anniversary last night and we went out and I ate the most amazing amount of food! Lol. Had 3 courses and basically stuffed my face! Been looking forward to yesterday for weeks! Just because of the food! Felt soooo uncomfortable after though! Back on it again today but don't think I'll lose this week after that! Lol x

It was our anniversary last night and we went out and I ate the most amazing amount of food! Lol. Had 3 courses and basically stuffed my face! Been looking forward to yesterday for weeks! Just because of the food! Felt soooo uncomfortable after though! Back on it again today but don't think I'll lose this week after that! Lol x

Ahh it was a special occasion I don't blame you. Happy anniversary for yesterday.

I had a day off at the weekend and it was fab! Back to it now though. I think it's good to have the odd day of enjoyment as long as it just lasts the day and not for a few months which is usually what happens with me! Ha ha

WBM - its allowed, glad you enjoyed yourself

Weigh in day today! I'm excited about it, I think I've lost 1lb, which is fine - Its 1lb off, and I'm getting really close to the 2st mark since I started counting (i think it will be more like 3.5/4 stone in total)

2.5 off for me ... Im delighted!! :pompom:

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Well done to everyone that's lost!

As for gaining DP, I bet that will all come off next weigh-in?

I am not confident I'll have lost anything tomorrow? We've been in for 4 days this week so no daily walking! I've been over calories most days too...

When I was this heavy before I lost something like 10lbs in the first few weeks, this time it's been just 4lbs... I am older now though so I guess that makes it harder?

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Well done to all those who have lost weight!
I need to stand on the scales. .I'm too scared though. I'm at mum and dad's this weekend so it won't be a healthy one :rolleyes:

My gym membership gets reinstated next week so will finally be able to do some proper exercise. I can't wait!

tapatalking

Well done tweety! :yay:
Weigh in for me tomorrow, nervous!

Anyone downloaded the Change 4 Life, Be Food Smart app? Its got some fab healthy recipies in it :) xx

Well done tweety! :yay:
Weigh in for me tomorrow, nervous!

Anyone downloaded the Change 4 Life, Be Food Smart app? Its got some fab healthy recipies in it :) xx

Off to have a look :) I could do with some inspiration

Well done to everyone who has lost weight :) not had very good Internet, were still awaiting bt to come do our line :(

Well no loss for me as expected so I am still 10st 7lbs!!

That is a whopping 2st 7lbs above my "good" weight??

Feels like a mountain I have to climb?

I am so pissed off as well - the weight should drop off in these first few weeks?? It did before when I started watching what I eat??

I've been over calories most days but only by about 100 a day so nothing too extreme. I have even been weighing my carb portions FFS!!

Hopefully this will spur me on to have a good week and not make go to Greggs and buy myself 10 sausage rolls for breakkie :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hola ladies! I've got so much to catch up on :blush: I've not really done any dieting or exercising cos I'm still not 100% an have got a lot on ATM, but hopin to get back on it soon!

I am so pissed off as well - the weight should drop off in these first few weeks?? It did before when I started watching what I eat??

I've been over calories most days but only by about 100 a day so nothing too extreme. I have even been weighing my carb portions FFS!!

Hopefully this will spur me on to have a good week and not make go to Greggs and buy myself 10 sausage rolls for breakkie :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

Ah... I think it's slower trying to lose baby weight. I feel like how much iv cut down I should just be instantly a size 8!! But no haha...!!
Hopefully you will have a loss next week!

This weather is making it hard. Suck indoors and makes me want to snack. Boo...!
I want a better loss next week but I doubt it :( xxx

Lost 3lbs this week. But I did have an awful tummy bug on Wednesday and my eating isn't quite back to normal.

That's me lost 8lbs now, can't believe it! 10lbs to pre baby and 1st 10lbs to ideal weight.

Had planned a walk today but got an Amber Warning for snow again so looks like yet another day indoors :( x

Wooooop I now weigh 11stone 9

Alice I have my start weight on mfp at 12 stone 10????? Did I tell uou a porky lol

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

You must have :lol: I had 12st10 down originally and you shouted at me and said it was 12st7 :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

How long have you been "on the wagon" and how much have you lost in total?

I know what you mean, the last time I lost weight (3st with WW) I did it in 3 months. I started when A was 3 weeks old this time and its slow and steady. Probably averaging 1lb a week. Some weeks I lose nothing, some weeks I put on 1/2-1lb.

Give it more time and you will see that its more gradual. Also if you aren't getting any exercise those extra calories will add up.

Just remember you didn't put on weight - stay positive and you will see a difference in a few weeks time

It's much harder to loose weight post pregnancy, I'm suffering too.

Metabolism etc gets confused by erratic and change sleeping patterns. Changing hormones also affects our ability to metabolise fat, and after the birthing process (however you did it) your body goes into 'recovery' mode which is extended further as we are potentially running low on nutrients because of what the baby took during pregnancy and what we put into our milk.

Stress (good or bad) and changes of lifestyle and emotions that come along with new baby also affect the system.

It can be 6-12 months post birth before some of us start to drop the amount of weight we should according to what we are eating.

Last edited:
Got back from my holiday in Lanzorote last night so I am back on the mfp today tracking everything. Managed to not put any weight on! I am still exactly 10 stone which I was the day before I left. This weight is coming off very very slowly girls but as we all keep saying as long as its coming off that's the main thing :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back