The best breastfeeding information I have ever seen

Great article! I had no idea that only 1 per cent of mothers are still breastfeeding at 6 months! I am at 5months now, and will keep going ad long ad I can. :)

I read this when alex was just born and it definitely spurred me on to keep breastfeeding especially when I read how much it improves their health. I still have it book marked on my phone and read it often.

What a great article, I'm so glad that I chose to bf all of my children. Those are health benefits that money can't buy! :) x

Fantastic read! I've posted to all my mummy to be friends who are loving it. X

Wow that's greatly, really informative and interesting :) I loved bf my son and am really looking forward to feeding this one too. It was a struggle in the beginning though and I just fail to understand why the advice and support from MWs and HVs is so hit and miss, why can't they give us this sort of information?!! All I ever got told when I was struggling was to top up with formula! Xxx

I loved BFing my girl but we really struggled and I gave up after 3 weeks.

next time I will be a LOT more informed, I will know that a lot more help is available to me than I got offered to get her latching correctly, and I will not give her a bottle on day 2 because she was refusing breast like I was advised by a midwife in the hospital. i think this just really confused her and it all went tits up (pardon the pun) from there!

bloody determined to do it next time!

I was very niave about BF'ing and just assumed I'd be able to do it.

I struggled, got very depressed about it [and the final nail in the coffin was when I had an awful experience with the MW and BF'ing coordinator pulling my breasts about and contradicting each other :shock:] so I started to express... It was a soul destroying 8 weeks.

If we have number 2 I will make sure I try my damndest to BF

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Just wanted to bump this up, it really is a good one. I have just passed it onto my friend who had her baby a couple of days ago xx

This is fabulous- definitely bookmarking this.

Amazing and so useful! I'd love to have read this before I started!

That is a brilliant article, very informative n reassuring n a must read for any bf mom or anyone considering bf.

That's a great article, very informative! Thanks for bumping it. Didn't realise only 1% bf past 6 months though! I'm finding it impossible to stop and I don't think I want to now! (Plus the smell of formula makes me gag) Xxx

tapatalking x

I don't think I'll ever be able to stop as she's point blank refusing formula but for the minute we're ok. I'd just like to be able to leave her and have her take formula as I don't get much when I express.

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

Luca refuses formula and expressed milk... so haven't been able to leave him at all yet! Naughty babies xxx

tapatalking x

Brilliant article! I wish I'd read this at the beginning! I'm 7 months and counting and it all rings true.

EmiLou, I'm the same. I'm really going to struggle to give it up when I go back to work and I kind of hope I can give lo morning and evening feeds when I'm back at work.
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back