The 'best' age to get pregnant?

sarafet

Reaction score
Hi guys :wave:

I was reading a poll in a baby magazine the other day which was about the 'best' age to get pregnant.

Just thought I'd ask your opinions as well..

When you're ready, in my case, 30.
I read the average was 30yrs, but I don't believe there's a right or wrong, maybe too young or old, but I wouldn't know how to judge that, being a good parent isn't determined by age alone, but personally I am glad I waited until now, I can devote all my time to my children, my life is now intwined with Isaac and however many siblings follow, I don't feel I have things I've not done, the things I want to do now are with my family, and I have a good relationship with my OH (not to say you need that either but for me I wanted that).

I think its different for everyone. I always thought Id be about 24, but life has different plans to our own sometimes.

I planned for about 24/25 but it came at 22, which was actually fine for me. I don't think personally I could have dealt with it at say 18, but I was a different person then.

I would say around 24 for me, although I had paris at 18 I wasn't ready as she wasn't planned, but she's here now :rotfl:

as everyone else has said really.. there is never a right or wrong age.. its all aobut how mature and responsible you are.. i got pregant at 18 with charl.. and seriously didnt comprehend how much hard work it would be.. i honestly thought.. im haivng a baby and its never going to grow up.. its going to be a baby for ages.. and its soooo not true.. the past 5 years have flown and imo they arnt babys long enough...

having charlotte made me grow up.. instantly i was more mature and responsible.. i cant deny that i have had problems along the way.. and i think thats to do with life experiences..washing ironing cleaning.. etc..is not something an 18-19 year old wants to do..i think having Edward at 24, im still as mature and responsible this time as i was when i was 18..but i think life experiences.. haivng to make sure your up on time for school.. make sure the house is clean theres food in teh fridge etc..has made me change..and become more mummyish.. if that makes sence..

my only regret about haivng charlotte is that she isnt alex's :( and she has an asshole as her biologial father.

Biologically, probably best to get pregnant under 30 but in reality, it just depends on the person and what stage of your life you're at etc. in terms of how ready you are. I was 30 when I got pregnant and this is my first.

Like everyone has said I don't think there is a right age. I think you have more chance of getting pregnant at a younger age because of the amount of eggs etc but that doesn't mean you're ready. I got pregnant at 18 with my son, he was planned and I knew I was ready to have a baby. It was still a huge shock but it was the right thing for me and my husband. I fell pregnant after 1 month. This baby was also planned and I fell after 2 months.

I think about my age now (27) is a good age to have a baby mentally. Although physically Id say about 20ish is ideal. I fell pregnant with my 1st when I was 19 and she was born when I was 20. Mentally I was no where near ready to be a mum but physically I sailed through the pregnancy with hardly any aches or pains.

i was 25 when i got pregnant so im bordering the 2 younger categories, im not even in the older 2 yet so i cant comment really. i chose the second one coz i think if i'd been any younger i mightve resented the loss of freedom a bit.

I always thought-and sort of still do-that 26/27 was the best age to get pregnant. On saying that, 16 isn't as bad as I expected,but I will definitly be waiting another 10 years or so if I ever want another :lol:

I have voted 30-35, this is just a personal opinion regarding myself. I have known very young women having babies who are as responsible as someone in their 30's, so it really isn't an age thing.

I have always been quite childlike in my ways and the thought of a baby in my early 20's, for me personally really freaked me out. My bf when I was in my early 20's seemed pretty eager to start a family, I really wasn't ready.

I am now 39 and do regret not having children a little earlier, in a way though it was a complete blessing.

I was married to a complete a***hole of a man for 10 years, a control freak, a very nasty piece of work. He had had a vasectomy and when we first got married when I was 27, he said that he would have the op to reverse. He didn't and I realised that he had no intention of doing so. He had two children from another marriage and never paid maintenance, that says a lot doesn't it! It turned out to be a huge blessing in disguise.

I have been with my OH for 2 years now and we had talked about trying for a family this year, I conceived last year, so baby is due this year. We couldn't be happier. He is the complete opposite of my ex.

Physically I reckon between 25 - 30. Apparently you have the best possible chance of producing healthy offspring...

but in actuality there is no "best" age... especially when you need to take into account, financial, emotional, physical, mental security of a child. Everyone progresses at different speeds in their life and life is so unpredictable.

I had Tia at 20.. i should have waited because I was not in a relationship that was secure, but physically caring for her when she didn't sleep night after night... was easy because I was young and now I can easily keep up with her, I remember doing the same homework as she did.. I can associate with her better because there's not a massive generational gap.

My mother was in her mid/late 30's when she had us, and while she had a secure relationship, finance, home situation, by the time I was in my teens she had suffered from strokes and had trouble keeping up with things. Also the late nights took a huge toll on her and she had trouble relating to me because we were so vastly different generations. But I grew up in a secure home, my parents are still together after 30 years. Which most people don't have... so I'm lucky too... :)

Its 6 and two 3's...

I voted 25-30, as I always thought that I would have my first at 27/28 when I had a career/own house etc. Cara was unplanned and I had her at 22, and although I wouldn't be without her now, I sometimes feel that I wasn't really ready and feel a bit trapped. She's worth it though, but I won't be having another for at least 5 years :)

I voted 30-35 but only because I had all of mine between those ages!

I can't really say what's good or bad. I know a couple of older mums (who didn't have babies until well into their 40's) and they are both fantastic at it. I've also seen some really young mums on here who are equally as good.

It's an individual thing I guess........

its depends on each person but for me having Dan at 29 was perfect. I had travelled quite a bit of the world and done a lot of things I wanted to do. I had worked hard, partyed, lived. I was mature enough to cope with it all. I don't think if I was younger I would have handle it as well as I have. I have loved every minute of being a mum and this last year has been the quickest year of my life....................if I had been any younger I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much. It was the perfect age for me.

I don't think there is a right or wrong age. It depends on the individual.

I wasn't ready until now and I am 31. My sister had her first at 21 and now has 3 boys and she is 29 this year.

Each to their own I say! :D

I agree with Debbie 'each to thier own' i think 20 -25 is about the best physically as i recovered so quickly with Isla and maybe 25-30 for maturity, i am 26 now so think thats ok. I would say financial security and a good relationship are more important and of course that comes at a different age for everyone.

I personally wouldnt have a child past the age of 40 and we wont have any more one hubby hits 40 (he's 33 this year) but thats my own choice not to say other people shouldnt, it seems that i get more patient the older i get too though which helps, OMG i'm gonna have 3 kids in the house :rotfl: :wall:

I picked under 25,purely because i am 20 this year and have been trying to concieve for 16months, :wall: I have my own house and me and my partner (who is 21 this year)have been engaged for a year! We are deffinately ready and are hoping i get pregnant soon! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back