The Beauty Bible - Tips + Tricks

Thanks. I was certainly younger too..
Removing though the photo.
I think it's the dark hair that makes me to not need make up?
Don't you think it would make a difference if you had darker hair?

I think having darker hair certainly means less make up

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I wear mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss/lipstick and that's it. I do like straightening my hair though.
My new beauty tip is if you have curly hair use gel instead of mousse. My hair is naturally curly and I used to use hair mousse to hold the curls in place until I ran out one day and used DH's hair gel! It holds my curls better than mousse ever did!!!
I don't have a morning routine beyond brush teeth, do hair.

I read somewhere that this certain actress ( can't remember who) always used a slice of lemon rubbed over her face a night before premieres to relieve redness on your face. Can sting but really works!

Another tip! Batiste dry shampoo for volume in it hair. I buy the one for dark hair and spray it at the roots for a bit of lift! Xx

Another tip! Batiste dry shampoo for volume in it hair. I buy the one for dark hair and spray it at the roots for a bit of lift! Xx

Agreed :)) I buy the Xxl volume one, it's brill ! It's packed in my hospital bag xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Batiste is a must have for new mums. I cant get away without a foundation, my skin tone isnt even. Esp now i dont have much time.for skincare. But i really like Clinique foundation, i.have lighter one for summer. Best tip is to moisturisw really whether you are wearing make up.or not

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

When i'm doing full make up I do - foundation, concealer, powder, blusher, eye liner, mascara. And occasionally fake lashes, I get annoyed with them tho as I wear glasses (only at home) and they dont go on properly with the big lashes.

I am nautrally blonde with blonde/grey eye lashes - that look non-existant without mascara, I look like a boy without mascara. They're really short too, as I had nearly all of them (on one eye) ripped out when I was younger I was curling my eyelashes at my mirror which was on the back of my door, my mum came barging in my room & I ripped them out by mistake, i'll never forget the horror of looking down & seeing all my lashes stuck to the eye lash curler.

If I had to pick 3 things it would be mascara foundation & powder

If your mascara/liner is going clumpy - add a small drop of boiled water. Also, if nail varnish goes same way add a drop of nail varnish remover!

Talc in place of bastite (if you run out)

xxxxxxxx

Yea iv been using eve lom moisturiser which probably helps too xx

Just read this tip in Instyle magazine:

To get a natural wave, plait ur hair then run the hair straightners over the plait for 30 seconds! Gonna give that a try tomorrow :)

Also, Instyle mag has free Clinique products, I got the mascara. U can also get radiance moisturiser, a 3 in 1 serum or a lipgloss, all clinique and all in instyle mag. Obviously they are only samples but I love a freebie! X

I've just learnt a new curl trick-if you want to curl your hair but don't own curlers-use your straighteners. Separate your hair into sections and take the first section, put the straighteners on your hair and flip them 180 degrees. Then just run the straighteners down as if you were straightening your hair. I honestly didn't think this would work but it does!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346836865.722426.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346836895.299702.jpg

I've used talc in my hair many. Time :)
I've just bought the olay 7 in 1 moisturiser with a touch of foundation, I've mainly bought it for hospital so I don't look so bad on the photos after labour lol xx

Gorgeous MrsR x

The straighteners can be used to give the effect of heated rollers too, you basically take the pieces of hair you normally would for the rollers and put your hair in and keep turning it while the hair is coming through, in the direction you would place your hair around the roller, it's better to start from the bottom and work your way up x

If you have damaged hair or are just wanting to revive it a bit, smother your hair in olive oil and leave for 5 minutes. Hard to wash out but you can really feel the difference x

wahhhhh hair & oil sounds disgusting, i'd need to put on gloves for that, i'm really funny about things on my hands :shock:

I have heard that about the oil before! My hair is combination dry & oily like my skin :roll:

I just cant grasp what fm2b & mrsr mean about curling with the straighteners, its me, dont worry...lool I think im getting confused because my straighteners are old ones, with the big plates, too hard to curl I think.

What about using rags for curles, I do that with my daughter sometimes, comes out really pretty.

xxxxxxxxxx

It's VILE haha but good results x

Awww I used to get rags when I was little I loved those, they were so bouncy, do you remember the plastic stick rollers and you had to use paper with them? X

nooo dont think Ive ever seen them

i've not tried rollers in my hair since I was about 15, my hair is just so thick & long it wont take a curl. I'd love to see your before & after shots with rollers fm2b. I might invest, im sick of looking the same.

xxxxxxxx

1E2C9763-880A-4C61-ABB0-D655E5A5C5F9-1008-0000015C7DD252DA.jpg

This is when I was blonde with only the large rollers

4917194C-5183-4304-A7BA-3D4A7D849369-1008-0000015C7713EDF9.jpg

This is my sisters, she has the thickest head of hair ever

6B1BF445-E401-4CEB-BC22-837C966577F6-1008-0000015E7E0B85A0.jpg

This is the smaller rollers

0DB89BC5-6B26-4D08-85A8-CA75499F9E80-1008-0000015F239E0E1D.jpg

This is just normal with a slight wave from all of the wind lol

Thanks Fm2b :)

My straighteners are quite slim so I don't think it'd work with bigger ones. I found it easier than with my curlers!

I've just read about oil in hair on pinterest!

Lovely pics fm2b-I've never used rollers as I thought they'd make it go perm like!

Does anyone have any eye make up tips? I never ever wear eye shadow but only because I have NO idea what to do! Plus I love the cat eye liner but my eyes are an odd shape! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back