The Baby-Making Bible by Emma Cannon

chattychar1990

Reaction score
Morning ladies,
I am curious to know if any of you have read this book?
I managed to come across a very old post on a different forum when googling some TTC tips and it seemed to be quite a hit back in 2010 when it was written.
Would it be worth buying even though it is now nearly 9 years old?
I did come across a tip that someone got from her book about using a hot water bottle after ovulation in the evening to help with implantation? Has anyone else heard about this?? xx

i know someone who said they did this (hot water bottle thing) but didnt month they caught so.. who knows! worth a try

Morning ladies,
I am curious to know if any of you have read this book?
I managed to come across a very old post on a different forum when googling some TTC tips and it seemed to be quite a hit back in 2010 when it was written.
Would it be worth buying even though it is now nearly 9 years old?
I did come across a tip that someone got from her book about using a hot water bottle after ovulation in the evening to help with implantation? Has anyone else heard about this?? xx

I haven't, but nowadays I don't think you need a book. It's enough with just googleing someting like "fertility tips" or "how to get pregnant". At least that's what I have been doing the past 2 years. That's how I found a few things that might have helped me, since I finally got pregnant last year (baby came in september 2018). One was acupuncture. But you need to make sure you find a really good person to do it. And I also found this weird fertility tea from miss withania I think it is called. It tasted really bad, but it seems it helped. Or maybe it was a coincidence, since I have tried several things. I just think, things like that never hurt to try, right? Does the book say anything weird you can't find on google?

I haven't, but nowadays I don't think you need a book. It's enough with just googleing someting like "fertility tips" or "how to get pregnant". At least that's what I have been doing the past 2 years. That's how I found a few things that might have helped me, since I finally got pregnant last year (baby came in september 2018). One was acupuncture. But you need to make sure you find a really good person to do it. And I also found this weird fertility tea from miss withania I think it is called. It tasted really bad, but it seems it helped. Or maybe it was a coincidence, since I have tried several things. I just think, things like that never hurt to try, right? Does the book say anything weird you can't find on google?
@Elektra - I do google a lot of things down to symptoms on certain days post ov but I like the idea of this book, it’s no harm in being interested in a fertility book rather than spending my life googling things.
I have in fact booked up a session of reflexology I would prefer this over acupuncture.

@Elektra - I do google a lot of things down to symptoms on certain days post ov but I like the idea of this book, it’s no harm in being interested in a fertility book rather than spending my life googling things.
I have in fact booked up a session of reflexology I would prefer this over acupuncture.

I’d love a book but dh thinks I’m a bit obsessed already and I think he’d think a book is overkill, plus I wouldn’t exactly leave it on my bookshelf for people to see. Do they do a e-book or kindle version? X

I’d love a book but dh thinks I’m a bit obsessed already and I think he’d think a book is overkill, plus I wouldn’t exactly leave it on my bookshelf for people to see. Do they do a e-book or kindle version? X
Sugary Iris they do have the book on books app on your iphone. i just typed in The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant and it came up. You can sample a few pages before you buy it too, which is what i did and i think the first 30 odd pages i read is brilliant x

Sugary Iris they do have the book on books app on your iphone. i just typed in The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant and it came up. You can sample a few pages before you buy it too, which is what i did and i think the first 30 odd pages i read is brilliant x

That is perfect! Thank you xx

I did not try reflexology. Let me know how that goes!

I got this book. I felt a bit mixed about it. She has written others since then so might be worth a look if you're worried about it being out of date. Something else to mention - Emma Cannon is an acupuncturist so there's a lot of focus on it. I felt mixed about acupuncture which is probably why I felt the same about the book.

Try the impatient woman's guide to getting pregnant and taking charge of your fertility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back