The adventures of baby Felix

Alexis2017

Reaction score
Felix is 10 days old so it was time to start my parenting journal. I still can't believe I am writing this. It's in my wildest dreams.

I was enduced at 38 weeks due to me having pre eclampsia, I then had a large post partum haemorrhage and required 2 x blood transfusions as my hb was 59! It's s been a bit of a rocky recovery but getting there now.

He had his tongue tie cut today as we only realised he had a bad one...

I am exclusively BF but finding it so hard. Felix feeds for 1 hour and I have been waking him 3 hourly 24/7 to feed him. He is a very sleepy baby. I dread the 3am feed its a killer!

Felix lost 3% of his weight initially and is now starting to gain.

You're doing a great job Mummy!
BF can be hard in the beginning but gets a lot easier a few weeks in, although the clustering will still be heavy no matter what.
Will you consider feeding on demand soon?x

You're doing a great job Mummy!
BF can be hard in the beginning but gets a lot easier a few weeks in, although the clustering will still be heavy no matter what.
Will you consider feeding on demand soon?x
Yeah slowly getting there, he woke up for feeds last night around 3 hourly mark whoch was a break through... If he actually woke up and qsks for food I feed him if not and its been 3 hrs I wake him.

Felix is 10 days old so it was time to start my parenting journal. I still can't believe I am writing this. It's in my wildest dreams.

I was enduced at 38 weeks due to me having pre eclampsia, I then had a large post partum haemorrhage and required 2 x blood transfusions as my hb was 59! It's s been a bit of a rocky recovery but getting there now.

He had his tongue tie cut today as we only realised he had a bad one...

I am exclusively BF but finding it so hard. Felix feeds for 1 hour and I have been waking him 3 hourly 24/7 to feed him. He is a very sleepy baby. I dread the 3am feed its a killer!

Felix lost 3% of his weight initially and is now starting to gain.
Congratulations!! Felix is handsome
How did you know his tongue tie was bad? My 15 week old has one and I was told it was only treatable if he couldn’t feed... he struggled but I managed to find one type of teet he could drink from. He can’t take dummies and his tongue doesn’t move much xx

How did you know his tongue tie was bad? My 15 week old has one and I was told it was only treatable if he couldn’t feed... he struggled but I managed to find one type of teet he could drink from. He can’t take dummies and his tongue doesn’t move much xx

The infant feeding team at the maternity hospital diagnosed it and cut it. Its, making a difference for sure

They said that? That's awful. They did the same with my brother. He didn't have his tongue tie cut until he was a teenager!

They said that? That's awful. They did the same with my brother. He didn't have his tongue tie cut until he was a teenager!
Yeah they did. He even struggled to feed her as I said I searched high and low for teeth he could drink from. He still struggles he fusses a lot while feeding and often I have to rock him whist feeding because sometimes he doesn’t realise his bottle is in his mouth and he gets frustrated. How did your brother get on until he had it done? Did he need it doing in the end or was it a choice?

Yeah they did. He even struggled to feed her as I said I searched high and low for teeth he could drink from. He still struggles he fusses a lot while feeding and often I have to rock him whist feeding because sometimes he doesn’t realise his bottle is in his mouth and he gets frustrated. How did your brother get on until he had it done? Did he need it doing in the end or was it a choice?

He was fine I think. He just found it annoying and I think brushing his teeth was harder to do since he couldn’t move his tongue as much. He’s really glad he had it done though he said he’d have preferred it to have happened when he was a baby.

Ahhh Alexis , congratulations on your gorgeous Felix, so happy for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back