That night feed!

Just done a quick Google of getting baby to sleep through the night without letting them cry and there's a book by Elizabeth Pantley called The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night. Might be worth a look...?

I can't let her cry either not for a min. The moment she cries I am up and get her out and cuddle her, though again probably it dosent count as she only cried if she has a nightmare or poorly.
I saw somewhere a pick up and put down method, though not sure if it works on older babies.
It was sth like the baby cries, you pick her up sooth her and lay her down immediately after she stopped crying and so on?
I can't see it working on an older baby though?
Do you think a ceiling projector maybe would work? When she wakes she can activate that by herself and look at the ceiling and listen to lullabies and maybe fall asleep by herself if she is not thirsty? I think knop tried that before and it worked somehow?
One more thing that someone mentioned log ago is a clock one of those that makes a loud tic tac noise? I don't remember how that works it was sth with association between comforting and the noise, though probably our babies are too old now for that?

I didnt do cry it out cause i cant do it. My son had night time milk until 17 months. He would wake up and scream.blue murder until he got his milk, no amount of cuddling helped. I.tried water and ended up changing nappies in the middle of the night cause he would wake up more often or he would just refuse water. Sometimes you.just have to ride it out. However, try to give her a bottle at a certain time ie say 12 and try to settle if she wakes up.before. We did that and gradually we knew when.he would wake up. Then we watered down the milk.
There isnt a uniform solution, you have to find what works for you

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Yep and we had a lightshow that we left in his cot so he would play with it until he got tired and went back to sleep.
He is generally a light sleeper so once he wakes up, thats it.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

She's a tummy sleeper so the light show won't help her really.... After googling it could be sleep regression, separation anxiety, teething, development, growth spurt, habit or she's hungry!!! My head hurts!!

She napped today at 10:30 for 45min and hasn't napped since, only an hour before bed so she won't now.... I only got about 8/9oz of milk into her since her morning bottle which was 6oz, she will prob have 4oz before bed then milk at 4am if about 4/5oz.... I'm going to try milk now before bath then again after before bed..... X

My 10mth old still wakes in the night don't get me wrong but its sooooo much better than he was hes not a big milk or food lover like my eldest! I get 3 bottles a day into him. I think the only reason he woke last night is because he was hot he didn't want milk but I've found keeping him awake all evening and bed at half 9ish is best for him. I can't let him cry as he shares with his brother so don't want him to wake!x

She's asleep! Here we go!! Lets see what tonight brings!!

She has been awake since her nap this morning so awake 8 hours, she point blank refuses a second nap....

After her dinner I gave her the milk that she would usually have before bed, I figured if she fell asleep I would let her but I didn't think she would, she drank 3oz then we played etc until bath time, then she had the rest of the bottle, another 5oz so that's 8oz before bed, plus half a jar and half a fruit pot.... Surly she can't be hungry now!

Going to resettle like last night when she wakes and only offer water until the 3/4am wake up!

Also tonight I dressed her in our room and gave the bottle in her dark room and put her straight down, usually I feed her that bottle in the lounge, you never know it might help!!!

Fingers crossed for a good night!!!! X

Good luck. I don't have any advice, but think it will sort itself eventually. It will! Although I can see me posting similar when Luca is 2 years old or something! She has gotta give it up soon?

Ha ha I did read that some kids do this until they are 6!!!!!!! By then I would be putting the bags under my eyes in my bra!!!! X

Hope u get a better night tonight. My lo has startrd waking up 3/4 times through the night (shes 5months) und up until last night iv fed her each time but last night I said enough is enough and left her in her cot and gave a drink of warm water out a bottle which managed to settle her back down....didnt bf her until 5am :D so im hoping if I keep at it the next couple of noghts she will get back into sleeping through. I know your lo isnt taking the water tho :(

Good luck xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yea she takes the water no problem!! I just worry about her drinking too much! She loves water!

I've upped her milk today and so far so good.... X

Ah sorry hun, so she does. Hopfully she will have a full belly then and be a wee angel for u tonight :) and hopfully mines will be the same :eek:
Xx

Hi twinkles,
Just read through your thread.
Although M is a little younger an your LO she still wakes during the night for a feed and sometimes (like last night 3 times a night) and I feed her each time. I bf, apart from the bedtime bottle, and she will always fall straight back asleep but I do need to drop this feed as it kills me some days.
Our routine is something like
8pm bottle then straight down to bed
2am wakes for a feed
5.30am wakes for a feed
7.30am up for the day

Last night it was 1am,3am,5am and 7am!
I totally understand how you feel and I really hope you manage to crack it :)

I am going to try the Goodnight milk from Hipp and see how we go with it.

x

Have a google on the good night milk before using it Hun, what I read put me off!!

By giving B the extra milk today she seems to be better so far... 3 hours now, still waiting for her to wake but keeping my fingers crossed! X

;) much better! B slept 7-11:30pm patted her back to sleep in her cot, then she woke at 2:30 and I decided to give her milk not water as this is the time she used to feed, she drank 6oz and went back to sleep no problem, she then woke at 6:30am so she came in with me for cuddles ;)

Would you class that as a hungry baby???

I just need her to settle around midnight and bit wake, then one feed around 2/3 is fine by me!

Would it be getting her to drink more milk before bed or a fluke??! X

Glad you had a better night hun. Try the same today again and see if she sleeps better again? X

Yup I'm working today so given my strict instructions to fill her up with milk!!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back