That day wasn't the day ...

Dawny

Reaction score
I failed miserably, disgustingly and i feel like poop for failing :cry: :(

I just don't understand, i go through the day without one from 7am to 6pm but once i get home and DH sparks one up i just have to go and have a few drags!! I am such an evil woman :evil: my baby is going to be suffering and i can't help but have a few puffs every night, it's just rediculous and pathetic! I just can't seem to break the habit!

I keep saying to myself every day, thats it no more when i get home, but i then fall into the routine of having a few puffs.

Can someone please tell me how they have done it !! :cry:

Aww hun don;t beat yourself up about it, you'll get there it's just hard :hug:

Could you ask your DH to be a bit more sensitive and not spark up in front of you? It's his baby too.... why should you do all the work?

I keep telling DH that he has to quit or else! We go on holiday next sat and i know for a fact he ain't gonna quit before/on holiday but i have told him once we set foot back on english land he has not to spark another one up again! :talkhand:

He is good though, he goe sin the back garden, but the problem is we have patio doors leading onto the garden, and i just go out there and have a few. He does try to stop me taking the cig off him, but i just tell him im an adult and can do what i want (very very selfish of me! :shakehead: )

Tonight we finish work and go straight for a mela for my mums birthday, i will try my god damnd hardest not to have one single puff when we get back to the house later on.

Will replort back tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Hey Dawny,

Well done hun for trying to give up :D

I don't know if this will help you, but this is how I did it:

You have to get it into your head that you CANNOT smoke, under any circumstances. Treat it the same as you would alcohol, you simply cant have it. You wouldn't get p*ssed now would you?
Whenever I feel like a cigarette I just picture my baby in my womb surrounded by cigarette smoke and this stops me from lighting up. I also tell myself that I'm a selfish moo and if I can't stop smoking for 9 little months, what kind of mother am I going to be? That usually does the trick as I'm then plague by guilt! I'm not a fan of the tough love!!
I won't pretend its easy, cause its not. I gave up nearly 15 weeks ago and I still get regular cravings. (Someone please tell me they will go soon!)

Good luck Dawny, keep trying and don't give up giving up! As Rob Scheider would say 'You can do it!' :lol:

On the suggestion of Peanut I was starting to write down the reasons I smoke, and I don’t have any!

I have plenty of reasons why I used to before finding out I was pg which where for comfort, for something to do when bored :sleep: , to make me feel confident and the buzz :dance: . But now I am pg I don’t feel the buzz when I have the sneaky puffs (in fact I hate the taste so much I brush my teeth straight after), I don’t go out drinking (stupid I know, as you said Misslarue I definitely wouldn’t get drunk now or even have one glass!) so I don’t smoke for confidence, and at work I just occupy myself with filing, or photocopying if I get bored (or scan the net, but sshhh! :shhh: Don’t tell me boss!).

So now I don’t have any reason why I should continue to smoke! I have millions of reasons why I shouldn’t continue to smoke. The first and obvious one being for the health of my child and the second most obvious being my health!

I have never thought of it that way so thanks Pea and Misslarue! :hug: :hug:

Today I am 12w 3d so I am starting my second trimester! I have been lucky enough for nothing to happen to my baby even though I have been neglecting it by smoking :oops: , so I am making a promise to my baby and you lot ~ new trimester, new leaf!

I will get home tonight and I am not going to smoke! I AM NOT GOING TO SMOKE!! :cheer: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry, just had to say it out loud to myself, sort of group therapy so to speak!

YAY :cheer: GO Dawny :dance: !

I'm so glad you set out some reasons and objections...it helps a lot of people, so I hope it helps you. And if you're worried or wobbling, you come here and read this post, you'll hear your own confidence shining through!

A new tri will prob help too! Hey everyone - Dawn is just great - she doesn't smoke you know!

Don't forget that cravings are small and beatable, take deep breaths, get up and walk about, a couple of minutes later you'll be ok. Beat each one as it comes. We're all behind you (and anyone else who's quitting - Rach et al). :hug:

dawn hun i had many goes at giving up before i succeeded the main thing is dont stop trying are you using anything to help you stop like patches or nicotine gum or lozenges im using the lozenges and finding them really good ive not had 1 puff you will do it hun xxxxxxxx

Rach i am not using anything cos i read that using NRT is more harmful to your baby than actually smoking.

All i can say is i only had two puffs last night! I can't believe it! I have done so well in just one night!!!! :clap:

Gotta tackle this one day at a time, getting stronger by the day!

Tonight i am going to prove to myself that i can do it and have no puffs what so ever! Wish me luck!

We used to say NOPE Not One Puff Ever to ourselves....well done Dawny. Take each night as it comes, celebrate your victories :cheer: .

I am going to adopt that saying today ~

Give me an N
Give me an O
Give me a P
Give me an E

What have ya got NOPE! :cheer: :dance: :clap: :cheer: :dance: :clap: :cheer: :dance: :clap:

WOOHOO :cheer: need a high-kicking cheerleader type emoticon here!

Go on Dawny! You're doing sooo good hun :clap:

Just think, 2 less puffs and you've done it. What's 2 puffs eh?!!

Go on girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just read your posts and wanted to ask how Dawny is getting on? I too am struggling a bit. The advise was good from the ladies on here, thanks, and i haven't had a puff since friday night.

Since i found out i was pregnant 2 and a half weeks ago i went 4 days without one and found i was so damn miserable that on the 5th day i had 2 puffs, it went straight to my head. Since then i have found that if i got so stressed again, i would have a couple of puffs. But then i ended up feeling crap because i too thought of my little peanut in there having my stupid smoke injected into it :oops:

So Dawny, your not alone on this i for one am joining you!!

Hi girls

how are you doing today? Welcome to quitting Claire! Have you tried writing down your reasons for smoking like Dawny did?

Hope you're all feeling positive about quitting smoking and have had a lovely weekend. I've just said goodbye to DH's family (12 :shock: of them came to visit). I've been so busy cooking cleaning and looking after them all, that I'm pooped now! Days like this were the best for me when I was quitting - non-routine and really, really busy - no time to think about smoking!

Hope you're ok anyway, thinking of you
Pea x

Hello!!

Well considering it was the weekend and i had less to do, i didn't even crave a fag!! I feel a bit of a smokers cough coming on, like i've had every other time i have quit. I noticed that down the school this morning with the moms that smoke, i couldn't stand the smell of their fags!!

So yes i am gonna sit down after work tonight and write down my reasons. I've quit 4 times before its just that this year has been pure hell and so i've found it harder to quit. But i AM going to do it, if i can get through the next week, i WILL have done it!!!!

Thanks

Claire x

Hi everyone,
I really really recommend trying Allen Carr's Easyway To Stop Smoking book. I smoked for 15 years and then read his book and stopped smoking without even having a craving. You have nothing to lose by reading it so give it a shot.
Good luck to you all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back