thank god for ultrasounds!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by hope, Jun 22, 2005.

1. hope

hope Well-Known Member

Hiya. had a bad nightmare about my baby last night. And i did not feel him kicking today either. Well, i work in this department in the medical school here & my office has an ultrasound machine. :wink: So I just scanned myself!!!!!!

i am not yet great enough with the machine to get my whole baby on the screen but I did see his bum, his ribs & his legs which promptly went kick kick!! Whew what a relief!! :D

So I say thank God for ultrasounds!!!!!!!!!!

Im a Happy woman NOW!

2. Blossom

Blossom Well-Known Member

I know! I had a similar experience at about 20 week where I hadn;t felt any movement for a day or two and it freaked me out completely. The dr sent me for a quick scan and there she was, playing with her toes, heart beating away!

How did women cope before ultrasound! I'd have been a nervous wreck!

Congratulations on all being okay :D

3. Guest

God you lucky thing having a machine handy for use! Think I would send myself barmy though scanning every day to watch it's growth at the moment!! LOL :lol:

4. hope

hope Well-Known Member

you're quite right, I am going mental scanning myself whenever!!!
    I saw his face today, and it brought tears to my eyes!!
    Meanwhile Ive been trying to find articles about long term effects of frequent scanning, hoping it would dissuade me from using the machine AGAIN!! Cant say ive found anything concrete. does anyone know if there r any?

5. joan

joan Well-Known Member

http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/ ... wagner.asp
    So it could be 50 years before we find out that U/S isn't entirely safe. Under those circumstances, I wouldn't over-expose a baby to it. A baby exposed to a lot of radiation from "recreational" x-rays would have almost have got cancer, but it takes a study of a whole population to find this out.

With pregnancy, as with life: everything in moderation.

joan

6. hope

hope Well-Known Member

thnaks joan, that should keep me off the machine!!!

Hope