Tests getting darker have definitely ov'd

SalisburyMum

Reaction score
Hi, I haven't been trying to get pregnant, I have a coil in but this month has been odd, crampy and weird dreams and loads of CM

I ov'd day before yesterday but my Boots own ovulation tests keep getting darker??

Anyone know what that means?

I bought them because I needed to know what the cramping was and it was 3 for 2 on bloody expensive pregnancy tests....

But they're freaking me out TBH.

Any reason for opk's to get darker AFTER ovulation?

How are you certain on the day you ov'd?

Pretty certain. I had wicked bad cramps from CD 8 and thought that was it but another lady said it's probably not (though I don't know what it is) I had increasing OPK's and then a glob of EwCm fell out yesterday and all the cramping stopped completely.

Today my tests are really much darker though. I'm confused :(

I just feel pregnant which is strange

If you only ov'd 2 days ago it's prob too early to be feeling pregnant, I would say if the lines are getting darker you are probably approaching ovulation, you can get EWCM a good few days before ov x

If it's just turned lotion like now and the test line is only just darker than the control line... I'd say you probably only over a few days ago possibly even yesterday x the earlier pains were probably a follicle starting to grow

Last edited:
They were not as dark a few days ago though? I'm so confused. I used opk's because they were my first hint I was pregnant with Erik... But I can't for the life of me remember what they said and now I'm just extra confused. I got EWCM (blob of) yesterday

But I've FELT pregnant since about CD8. I can't explain it, it's weird

If the test line is lighter than the control line then that's not a positive ovulation test. so if it's only just darker now but was lighter before that would mean your positive was the one you've just taken x

This has been really interesting, I clearly don't know my own body!!

I thought the pain and cramps I was getting was OV pain it was intense this month

Lol our bodies like to confuse us just when we are getting to know them! I randomly threw up day before my ov leading to this pregnancy and I haven't stopped throwing up since! That was a first for me!

Well I've got some ic's (am quite fascinated tbh) and they're really, really dark. Have a pregnancy test to do next week if needed.

Im amazed I've not ovulated yet, it's been crampy for absolutely ages

My opks got darker after ovulation when I caught pregnant, by 11dpo they were strong positive. x

Apparently they detect pregnancy before HPT's but aren't reliable

I'm going to keep doing mine twice a day til af

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back