Tests are taking the piss out of me!

russellmuscle

Reaction score
:wave:

I took 2 superdrug HPT's one 9dpo afternoon having not drank much, got a faint BFP. 10 DPO FMU I did another and got a suuuuper faint line but hadn't held my wee that long and had been drinking loads of water. 10DPO afternoon I got a better line and now today 11DPO FMU Ive got basically what looks like an evap, or shaddow.

I believe I implanted over the weekend, so by rights I should have quite a steady line now since I got faints on 9/10 DPO?

I know theres not much I can do at this stage except wait. But I guess Im looking for someone who has had this before and everything turned out ok?

I had pretty pretty bad cramping last night. No blood, nothing.

xxx

Oh Russell, have you done a frer yet? I think the hcg only doubles every 48hours in the early days, are you testing at the same time each day? I thought that my lines were getting fainter but I'm 14dpo now and still getting positives. Maybe just wait 48hours and then do one of the more expensive brand tests or call your doctor to arrange a blood test :) Good Luck xx

Im shitting it for a blood test tbh.

I dont wanna keep testing either.

Ive tested on 2 good brands TBH, a superdrug early and One step, which are actually ok and both given me lines.

I wont be trying a digi until after date of AF, perhaps may try a FRER at the weekend. See how that looks.

Thank you.

Just horrid waiting in limbo.

xxxx

Its definitely horrible waiting but it's such early days I imagine the lines could be all over the place at the mo. You're lucky you even got a line this early or maybe not lucky lol as it's now driving you mad! X

Tbh yes Id rather have waited until AF, Ive been waiting and didnt even have any OPK/HPTs I only decided to test because of IB and me getting ahead of myself.

Im just more pissed off at myself tbh. There is no real reassurance I can get until I see the definitive answer but it doesnt stop the worry or wonder.

I dont want to go to the GP just yet, will perhaps do that after I get a solid positive. Not much the GP can do..

xxxx

Last edited:
No good comes from testing early! Haha like I never did! I dunno whether GP would give you a blood test at this stage. I think in a few days the test will be darker and you can celebrate x

No good comes from testing early! Haha like I never did! I dunno whether GP would give you a blood test at this stage. I think in a few days the test will be darker and you can celebrate x

I could probably ask my practice nurse to do my bloods because of my previous MC.

But tbh sounds bad but its a lot of farce if Im not pregnant IYKWIM? Also if I am then there was no need either.. I think Im best waiting until atleast AF date before going to the GP that way I can get registered or whatever needs done at that point.

Plus you know how GPs make everything sound like its not important at all. I cant be arsed with that because it is important to me! :lol:

Just kinda crap sitting about waiting in limbo.

xxxx

If you have had lines yesterday and the day before I would be temped to use a FRER and then you will know xx

Ive went through 5 tests in 2 days tbh so I think Ill leave it, regardless if its viable or not Im kinda messing my own head repeating tests.

I will be trying my 10mui later and thatll be me until after AF. A frer is only 12.5mui and if Im getting only faints on 10mui itll be a waste of tests, and time and more worry I think.

Because if werent to show on a FRER id go into melt down I think :lol:

xxxx

Good luck RM. I'm rooting for ya! I'm terrible for poas early but your experience has reminded me how shit it can be. I would like to think this will encourage me to wait till /if AF is late. ..... blatantly gona poas in a few days! Lol and I'm only 3dpo now! Xx

I thought frer was 6.3miu, well I googled it yesterday before buying and this is what Google says ... "First Response offers this test with a sensitivity of 6.3miU/ml. The manufacturer states that the test is able to accurately predict pregnancy up to 6 days earlier than the competition. Furthermore, the test also has a 99% accuracy rate when used the day after a missed period"
I've been getting faint lines on them but with others like asda or anything else nothing, well one step I got a barely visible yesterday and got a tiny bit darker today. Definitely get one at some point! X

The american ones are more sensitive.

Any FRER ive bought have put sensitivity at 12. Its whats on the mui list sticky on Am I pregnant too.

xxxx

I know people who have had positive tests after dipping the superdrug ones in water, so I wouldn't trust those at all!

2 super drug positives and another 10mui one though..

The others Ive got faints on too, they cant all be evaps? I had IB and bad cramping then got the positive a few days later.

X

I wouldn't worry Russell, it's unlikely they are all evaps/dodgy tests, I'd say you've got your BFP :) just test again when AF would be due to confirm xx

Just my luck that the last test I had today was a bit dodgy as it had a few marks on the window like scratches and it took longer to set.

I think thats gods way of saying ffs Claire leave it alone!!

The first one step one I took 10dpo, it set within time and is pink. The top one of the two was done FMU but I do drink loads, and the one down the bottom of the 2 was the wonky one but even when it did set, its darker than this mornings and they are all pink. No greys? They do look grey in the pic. But theyr pink even OH agrees and hes a skeptic. If they were grey I wouldnt be so stressed :lol:

xxxx

Attachments

• 20160119_133022~2.jpg
    20160119_133022~2.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 83
  • 20160120_195322~2.jpg
    20160120_195322~2.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I'd say they are definitely all good pink solid positives :) and if they aren't then I need new eyes! X

I'd say they are definitely all good pink solid positives :) and if they aren't then I need new eyes! X

I just need a slap. Im glad Ive ran out now.

I always says I wouldnt do all those comparing lines with HPTs. When I was pregnant with Jackson I tested once, with a strip test Id grabbed whilst in the shop. Didnt bother again.

This time, since having the loss I feel like even though we dont have any control over a MC, last one happened as I found out so the damage was done, just feel like the lines are some how giving me peace of mind or control to a certain degree but actually theyr not.

I obviously am to a degree comfortable there is still a line, but bloody barely still. Its a lazy sod this bean :p

xxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back