tesco non bio ?

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
ok please dont call me a skin flint but in tesco , tesco non bio was £3 for 24 washes , when fairy non bio was £3 for 12 :shock:

is the tesco ok ? does it get the clothes clean aswell as being baby friendly ?

I use the Asda non-bio and thats fine. The shop brands are usually the same as each other. Now Jake is a bit older I use Fairy conditioner and it smells lush :D

I use tesco's one, have done for ages, it doesn't smell as nice as fairy but I'd rather spend an extra quid on nice fabric softener instead.

I use tescos as it's loads cheaper. We've had no probs and DD has excema so has really sensitive skin :)

I use supermarket own brand washing powder and Lenor fabric conditioner :D

oh i usuaully use lenor but brought comfort pure for his things ?

so i should be ok ?

oh and another thing ? do u use fabric softner straight away ?

I'm a skinflint - I use Fairy, but just use one tablet (rather than two) per wash.

Valentine Xxx

I don't use any fabric softener on our clothes now because of DD's excema, but when she was first born (and had no problems) we used comfort pure straight away.

valentine said:
I'm a skinflint - I use Fairy, but just use one tablet (rather than two) per wash.

Valentine Xxx

suppose thats works out same cost :rotfl: does it still get everything clean ? i can imagine boy;s things are gonna get very dirty ( spec in my nappying training days :rotfl: )

i find tesco washing powder smells so much of chemicals, u cant beat the smell of fairy, ive often used 1 tablet too hehe it still washes just as well, just try not to fill drum up too much with clothes.

all non bios should be ok to use. i've got a costco card and get the huge boxes of washing powder its also very cheap for fabric conditioner in bulk, so long as DH is happy to fetch and carry them out of the loft etc.

costco is about £25 per year for a card, bit of a way off for me but i'll be getting my nappies etc there in bulk buy!

only one prob with that , i live in a london maisonette and dont ahve space fo r massive bulk buying :wall:

valentine said:

Valentine Xxx

I do that too ;) :lol:

I've bought Tesco Natural non bio tablets to try

Gem - It gets my stuff clean, but its never really dirty like muddy or anything. If I had a washload of dirty muddy rugby shirts, then I *might* put in two tabs (!).

I only put in one tab of Fairy with DD's nappies (wet and dirty) and they come out fine. I would probably put in two with these to ensure they are clean, but its supposed to be good not to use too much washing powder as it builds up on the nappies and stops them being so absorbent, apparently.

Valentine Xxx

thanks valentine and everyone else , i used my bounty sample fairy the other day , now i all know what your on about when it comes to them smelling gorg ! think ill get through this box of tesco and then get some fairy in :cheer:

Kina said:
I use tescos as it's loads cheaper. We've had no probs and DD has excema so has really sensitive skin :)

Snap, I think its quite good.

I use fairy cos I'm a sucker for the smell :oops:
I have a costco card too so do the bulk buying, but I am lucky enough to have the space.

I love the Comfort Pure too, have always used that & had no problems :D

Iiick... I don't have my baby yet, but I have sensitive skin and didn't like the Tesco Non-Bio. My main problem with it was that it didn't seem to disintegrate well in the wash, so I would sometimes find clumps of it here and there (this is the tablets and the powder, not sure what you are wanting to use). I usually do a 40 degree wash. Not good in my experience for this stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back