Terrified of vanishing twin happening again

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by jojo8208, Nov 28, 2016.

1. jojo8208

jojo8208 New Member

Hi ��

I'm 34 & found out last week that I was pregnant. It was a huge shock as I already have 7 children & had planned on no more. Anyway, I'd just kind of got my head around the idea & went for my first scan this morning...
    The scan today revealed 2 sacs, with one embryo measuring 5w6d & the other 6w. The sonographer couldn't say much more than that as you can imagine. Complete & utter shock for both myself & my partner.
    So, after getting over the shock I'm now panicking because when pregnant with my youngest DD, I was told she was a twin but the 2nd sac was empty - vanishing twin. I was very upset at the time but as I wasn't expecting 2, it helped rationalise it & move along more quickly.
    I want these babies very much, both my partner & I feel blessed this has happened to us again. However, I'm an anxious person & the sheer worry of vanishing twin happening again is just about crippling me.
    Has anyone ever been through a similar situation to this? Does anyone know the statistics of it happening twice?

Thank you ❤️

#1 jojo8208, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  2. Glordag

Glordag Well-Known Member

No advice. But sending lots of best wishes your way. Hope all is good at your next scan x

3. M1chelle

M1chelle Well-Known Member

No idea I'm afraid but the whole trimester is scary enough without having two to worry about! Got my fingers crossed for you x