Terrified of flying...

KateK

Reaction score
Hi ladies, not pregnancy related (sorry) but after some encouragement and/or top tips! I hate flying, I think it's less to do with the safety (my logical brain knows it's one of the safest ways to travel) and more to do with the bring trapped in/total lack of control (and when i'm ignoring my logical brain fear of plunging to my inevitable death..) We are going on holiday for the first time in 5 years and I really want to be excited but I can't shake my anxiety, made worse by the fact our 4 year old daughter will be with us and flying for the first time. I want her to be excited and not pick up on how i'm feeling but I know she'll want to sit with me, how do I keep it together? I keep having nightmares about crashing and seeing her gorgeous little terrified face looking at me waiting for me to protect her.. Anyone else get an irrational guilt about taking their little ones on planes? Or conversely does anyone do it often and not let it bother them at all? xx

Sorry I'm not much use as I'm not scared of flying, but maybe a portable DVD player or some activities you could do with your daughter for a distraction x

Thanks MrsB! It actually really helps me to hear from people who aren't afraid as it helps me invalidate my fear! So thank you :)

No problem, my mum is petrified of flying so we tend to supply her with a drink, but we are adults and don't require looking after. I find a distraction is good though as it gives you something else to think about. Even planning what to do when you get there is something good to think about. And once you are there I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy yourself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back