Terrible Twos.....

BabyNumber1

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I havent posted on here in a while so probably a few posts like this...

I know a lot of you will say its just the terrible twos, its normal etc but the last time i saw this behaviour in a child this age was when my little brother was small and he was diagnosed with ADHD..

My little girl is 2 and a half ... 3 in August, and the past couple of weeks she has been like a different child, today for example i have been hit in the face, kicked, spat at, and screamed at in my face... i dont retaliate to this, i simply just say ok ill speak to you when youve calmed down and then i ignore her while she is being like this - we have never smacked her so i can only assume she is picking this up from nursery? We use the naughty corner which we havent actually had to use for a long time - the incidents that im talking about involving hitting me etc have all happened whilst we have been out of the house...

A couple of factors im thinking this could be is we have recently moved abroad, which i know is a massive change for her and i do give allowances for this but its getting to a point where im dreading being on my own with her now, she makes me so upset - i spent the whole day yesterday crying at her behaviour..

Can anyone tell me if this is normal for a 2 year old to act like this?

Sorry for the rant!!

I can't tell you it's normal for a two year old to act like this but I can tell you it's normal for them to act out during a major life change like you have described. We've got baby number two coming soon and dd sometimes hits and slaps me and tries to slap the bump.

I think you're dealing with it well and there's a chance she'll get over this phase pretty quickly. Do you think there's anything you can do to help her process this change? Books about moving house or about your new country? Just a thought xx

We have done a lot about moving etc... we bought a few kids books about moving house and we have been speaking the new language around her (as much as we can, she currently knows more Swedish than we do with her being at nursery) and weve put her into part time nursery so i can look for a job and so it helps her to integrate with the other children quicker... im just at my wits end some days...

I used to work near on 55 hours a week and literally only saw her for an hour a night and when i dropped her off with family in the morning, then at the weekends we would spend the days doing something together... so in my head i was thinking she would love spending more time with me... clearly not haha

I hate moaning about her cos she literally is the be all and end all of my life but i dont know how much more i can take! I have never cried so much in my life :(

I feel like im on maternity leave again and have no control over my emotions! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back