Tens

Lewa

Reaction score
I'm considering buying/renting one, but have no clue what are good deals, bad deals, good TENS machines and not so good ones, so I could really need some advice on what to look for...

There was an ad for some on emma's diary, and there's one that's for sale half price, so it costs 30£ to buy, and 25£ to rent, so I thought maybe I should just buy it? If it's a good one that is... which I don't know of course :p

I'm planning on having at least 2 more children, and I have some back pain problems anyway, so thought it might be worth it!

What do you guys think?

:)

ps. http://www.babycaretens.com/emmasdiary/Femme_TENS.html

Last edited:
No... unfortunately they don't. I think it's because people would steal them... so they stopped having them. They said yesterday that if you want to use one you'll need to rent or buy one..

I am thinking about this too, it helps so I hear!! Xx

it looks a pretty good deal - a quick google shows that model has good reviews on amazon - one of them says its good for bad back as well as labour.

There's a £6 delivery charge as well. but i think im gonna order it.xxx

Last edited:
I brought one second had on eBay. Tbh I'm not sure how much it helped. It was a distraction yes but not hugely effective but I was induced which is meant to be mote intense. It did get me through one night (as OH was sent home) I was laying in bed with my iPod and tens on for a good couple of hours.

I've rented one from baby tens via Boots, think it was £25 ish. Think it's a newer model that the one advertised which could be why it's on sale/cheap? I have yet to use it though, due date was Tuesday and absolutely no pains so far so couldn't comment on how good it is. My friend had one during her labour and reccomended it to me, she said it was a welcome distraction (she only needed gas and air).

I've bought the MamaTens - it was on offer on Amazon a while back for £27, which made it cheaper than renting it, which seemed an offer too good to refuse. I then plan on selling it on eBay.
If you intend having several more children, then I would say buy it - it'll be an investment! If you don't get on with it, you can always sell on eBay, they go for quite a good price!
Friends who have used them say they work up to a point - mainly cos of the distraction they offer so you don't focus on the pain. Good luck! Xx

I really fancy one but I don't think electrocuting myself in the birth pool is the way to do it :( x

I'm using pool too, but thought it would be good for at home before. Xxx

I also want to labour and give birth in a pool, but if I have a really long first stage, at home for hours and hours, or even days, then I'm thinking it might be a good relief! And there's also no guarantee that the pool will be available at the MLU.. From what I understand it doesn't help much when the pain gets really bad though, but it can be helpful in the beginning, so I'm thinking that if it helps me with the not so horrible contractions then I'll have more energy and stamina for the horrible ones later!

Think I've decided to get one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back