TENs machines

Juzza

Reaction score
Hey,

Now i'm on maternity leave i'm finally starting to get organised and after a bit of thought i think i'm gonna buy a TENs machine from ebay or alike as opposed to renting one for pretty much the same price.

Just wondered what brand everyone has/is going for?
I know of Mama, Freedom, Femme, Boots, Neurotrac.
Any recommendations?

Thanx Juz xxx

Didn't think they worked if they were second hand because you can't reuse the pads?
When you hire them they change the pads each time.

Thanx Bubbleone - these are brand new machines with sealed packs of pads so i'm presuming that they'll work! Or hoping...

i have a pain away tens care machine - which i bought in an asda pharmacy about, oooh, 2-3 years ago, i bought it for my arthritis, not for a pregnancy at the time, but its been really good and im hoping it works well during labour too. its really compact, kinda like a flipy mobile fone!

Asda also sell new packs of the sticky pads - dunno if they;re generic or wether you have to buy sticky pads for each different make

shamu

Cheers Shamu,

There are so many machines around its hard to know whats best - gonna ask MW tomoz.

Have you checked whether u can use your TENS for labour? I read that some normal TENS aren't suitable for labour - just a thought.

Juz x

I rented a tens machine off the midwife/health centre for my daughter and its was great during labour. It really took my mind off things and was also able to stay at home longer as it really did ease the pain. Not sure if different ones do different jobs I kind off assumed they all did the same thing. Just ask your m/f I'm sure the advice will be good . Good Luck. :D

Cheers Helen.

What a gorgeous scan photo - forgot how lovely they can be!

I bought a freedom tens from ebay.....ill let you know how it was when LO decides to make an appearence!

l have hired a tens machine,..... l got it from boots! l had a trial run as it says to give it a try. It felt quite weird!! l will just have to wait and see when the time comes to use it.

Fluffy. xx :lol:

Hi,

just thought I'd say that I loved the TENS machine that I hired (from Lloyds). When I first put it on it felt very odd and quite sharp and I couldn't imagine wanting to turn it up- by the end I had given up on turning the pulse on and off and just had it on constant fast pulse right at the top of the dial and all it felt like was a nice warm back massage! So funny how your body works! Anyway I had it on for all 17 or so hours and loved the fact that it felt like I could control something myself. Before I got to hospital I really hated anyone talking when I was having a contraction- totally insane but there you go- and so rather than giving them the evils during one or telling them when I thought a contraction was coming they knew to watch my clicking finger! I was sceptical when I ordered it but it was fab

+++

i hired a tense machine from the midwife unit for £15. it was brilliant.
Really helped. though when i was on the gas and air my husband had to push the 'boost' button for me as i couldn't quite manage sucking the gas and pressing the button - so as i gripped the gas - hubby pushed the button!!! :oops: :shock:
The only thing it was a bit eye watering when hubby and midwife took the pads off my back - free back wax!!! :shock: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back