tens machines

i've hired mine... £26 - i figured at that price it doesn't matter if it's crap or not, it can just be an option...

Our hospital physio dept hire them out for £15- just been and collected mine. :D

Why don't you ring your local Sure Start centre - ours loans them for free - I was due to have mine delivered 2 days after I had the baby! Had to ring and cancel it :rotfl:

I didn't use one and found contractions fine, they can interfere with what your body will do naturally if you relax, but lots of women find them fantastic for relief so might be worth a try, you don't know till you try.

You can hire them from all over the place, have you asked your MW or hospital? They do hire them out, very best wishes

Ive borrowed one from a friend, figured its worth a shot :D

Hi,

I didn't end up using one in the end as everything happened so quickly and just totally forgot about it.

We got ours from the hospital £20 which was refundable when we returned it.

I hired one from the hospital. I would say they are worth it but it didnt work for my sister. I used it for about 20 hours until I got the G&A. I had to take the TENS off as both together was horrible and confusing

Yes, yes, yes! I only used this and water from the pool for pain relief - I thought it was brilliant!

Valentine Xxx

i didnt bother with TENS but my girl friend did and it helped her. x

valentine said:
Yes, yes, yes! I only used this and water from the pool for pain relief - I thought it was brilliant!

Valentine Xxx

P.S. I forgot to say, you can't use tens and birthing pool at the same time - I had tens until about 5/6cm or so, then took it off and got in the pool

Valentine Xxx

i picked up a leaflet from the local chemist about hiring one of these, will check what the hospital offer when i go for my scan monday

I would definately say YES!!

Mine took me 12 hours then took it off when i went on gas and air :D

Really worth it :cheer:

never used one in labour - but I use one for my shoulder condition and its heaven :D

Hmmm been thinking about one, I know they are very popular but what does the sensation feel like?

I forgot i had one, even though i had in ready from 30 weeks, went to hospital when waters went thinking i was gonna be sent home and forgot i had, let us know how it goes.

mine feels like a tickle if its on low - and if I accidentally knock it onto full :shock: like someone punching you - the force is incredible - and it stings when on full.

the ideal setting for me feels like someone massaging and it does block the pain messages for a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back